AccuWeather - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest in weather forecasting with AccuWeather – Weather for Life. This free, award winning weather app now includes crowdsourcing with AccUcast™ and features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, available for more countries and for more minutes than any other minute-by-minute precipitation forecast. Supporting Apple Watch™, this app offers the same world-class, synchronized app experience across all your iOS devices.
• AccUcast™ – Become part of the forecast by sharing your weather observations to help people in your community stay safe from hazardous weather and road conditions. View the real-time crowdsourced map with weather conditions submitted by users all over the world in a global animation display.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Apple Watch Support – featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, and severe weather alerts. When there is a severe weather alert for your favorite location, you will be notified by a tap sensation from the Watch and a low audible sound. Current conditions details include location, temperature and high and low for the day, wind speed, times for sunrise or sunset, and RealFeel Temperature® – AccuWeather’s proprietary forecast that shows the user how the temperature actually feels outside to a person in that exact location.
• Option to automatically download the app to all of your iOS devices.
• Widgets now available! See a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 25 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Easy swiping between screens for your weather details – no need to navigate to app menus.
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – every location on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app in blue for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting across your iOS devices.
What's New in Version 8.4.0
• NEW! AccUcast™ now available! Become part of the forecast by sharing your weather and road hazard observations to help people in your community stay safe. View live AccUcast reports from people all over the world in the global animation display.
• NEW! More AccuWeather MinuteCast®! Get your minute-by-minute precipitation forecast for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location for free now also available in Spain, Sweden, and Denmark.
Glitch but good
I downloaded this app earlier this year. It's more thorough than other weather apps. I like it, because it shows more than just the temperature and sunrise/sunset schedule. It also shows the barometric pressure, cloud cover, wind speed & direction, etc. Also, I like that you can see and compare multiple cities' weather. One improvement to think about: it takes 2-3 tries each time I open the app to succeed since the last update. Once open, though, the app works very well!
As the name says....
.....accurate. Here in Japan it loses some accuracy during rainy season and typhoon season so far as accumulation, but other than that it's great. A week out and it gives me a very good idea of what to expect. 2~3 ahead and I feel very comfortable.
But it's slower to start up than the old version and the interface has a bit steeper learning curve. That being said I' m considering buying Platinum, so all in all a great app. Highly recommend it!
Great weather app
I have used many weather apps before, but found this AccuWeather app is one of the best. Not only does it have one of the most accurate forecasting models, the radar/satellite display is crisp and current on my iPad. The 'AccuCast' feature is very nice, where anyone can give the current weather conditions at their location with just a couple of taps on the tablet or phone screen. The overall format of the app is good as well.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jul 21, 2015
- Version: 8.4.0
- Size: 64.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2015 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99