AccuWeather - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest in weather forecasting with AccuWeather – Weather for Life. This free, award winning weather app now includes crowdsourcing with AccUcast™ and features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, available for more countries and for more minutes than any other minute-by-minute precipitation forecast. Supporting Apple Watch™, this app offers the same world-class, synchronized app experience across all your iOS devices.
• AccUcast™ – Become part of the forecast by sharing your weather observations to help people in your community stay safe from hazardous weather and road conditions. View the real-time crowdsourced map with weather conditions submitted by users all over the world in a global animation display.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Apple Watch Support – featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, and severe weather alerts. When there is a severe weather alert for your favorite location, you will be notified by a tap sensation from the Watch and a low audible sound. Current conditions details include location, temperature and high and low for the day, wind speed, times for sunrise or sunset, and RealFeel Temperature® – AccuWeather’s proprietary forecast that shows the user how the temperature actually feels outside to a person in that exact location.
• Option to automatically download the app to all of your iOS devices.
• Widgets available so you can see a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 15 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Top-Trending weather videos from AccuWeather's Video Wall.
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – every location on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Option to select persistent GPS tracking to get your current weather data as quickly as possible. (Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.)
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting across your iOS devices.
What's New in Version 10.1.1
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Very Good Weather App
AccuWeather is highly customizable. Multiple locations, radar & satellite views, forecast setting 1day up 25days, and the order of home screen sections can be manually customized.
The hilarity of folks balking at things like the accuracy of the hourly forecast not being "accurate to the minute and exact location" - REALLY? Presumptuous much? - expecting that minutia of weather forecasting, is a bit absurd.
It's a weather app, a very good weather app that gives me all the data I need to make decisions - looks like there's 50% chance of showers between 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm, better make sure the umbrella is in my golf bag, possible snow and freezing temps forecast next week in Cleveland during the conference better pack the parka. It's a weather app and tells you what you need to know to make smart decisions. What else do you need.
Probably the Best Weather App (Mar2016)
Is a very good app that is continually being refined by the developers.
Hourly Wind Compass not Automatic (Jan2015)
There will be a few that will post that the Directional Wind Compass for hourly forecast has been removed or isn't there, but its is, user must tap in area and swipe up for it to appear. The default should be "ALWAYS" visible.
Ok but has suffered since the update
I use this alone with other weather apps from places like weather underground to get a detailed picture. This is easier to get essential information but very lacking in technical data thdy WU provides like aviation weather or detailed data on current conditions or forecasts.
I loved this app's iOS 10 widget, however with the latest update, when the time of day changes into another forecast range (e.g. Day into evening for example) the widget leaves the previous font active so it shows font on top of font. Totally unusable now. It would have gotten more stars from me if it wasn't for this. It needs to be fixed. (A reboot or remove the widget fixes the issue until 12 hrs later and font on top of font is back again).
One of the best looking weather apps
This is probably one of the best looking weather apps that you can have on your phone.
It has a beautiful layout, and it's sections can be ordered to your preferences.
The bad thing is that the daily forecast summary is pretty sparse. Some might think that this is a good thing. But it can be off. For example tomorrow's forecast calls for "Mostly cloudy with a shower." Problem is that according to all of the local TV news forecasts, what is really going to happen is "Passing cold front in the morning, bringing a chance of light sprinkles and or snow flurries in the early morning to late morning. Clearing in the afternoon."
Also ever since ios10, where they enhanced their lock screen widget, the widget temperature can be Illegible. Informed accuweather about this weeks ago and it's still not fixed.
So if you want a really good looking weather app, this is it. In terms of actually forecasting the weather, the summaries are a bit too sparse. In terms of general quality, it's below average, because the widget problem should have been caught in development - it's that obvious if you use it for a while.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Nov 16, 2016
- Version: 10.1.1
- Size: 163 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2016 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99
- Platinum RestoreFree