AccuWeather - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest forecast with AccuWeather – Weather for Life. This free, award winning weather app features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, the leading minute-by-minute precipitation forecast that is hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Now supporting Apple Watch™, this app offers the same world-class, synchronized app experience across your iOS devices.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Apple Watch Support – featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, and severe weather alerts. When there is a severe weather alert for your favorite location, you will be notified by a tap sensation from the Watch and a low audible sound. Current conditions details include location, temperature and high and low for the day, wind speed, times for sunrise or sunset, and RealFeel Temperature® – AccuWeather’s proprietary forecast that shows the user how the temperature actually feels outside to a person in that exact location.
• Option to automatically download the app to all of your iOS devices.
• Widgets now available! See a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 15 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Easy swiping between screens for your weather details – no need to navigate to app menus.
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – every location on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app in blue for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting across your iOS devices.
What's New in Version 8.2.0
In version 8.2.0
• NEW! Apple Watch support - featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, severe weather alerts and more!
• Plus - UI enhancements and fixes to improve usability on your iPhones and iPads
Great interface & accurate so far
Had this one week and am very happy. Far more accurate than other apps I've used. The user interface is intelligently designed... It's intuitive, you can figure out how it works easily. And the enormous amount of information you can get is presented in an easy to access format. Also it's customizable to some extent allowing you to see only what you want and/or putting that info first. Great drill down to details and easy to get back to general. Especially like how daily forecast works. Would like to be able to customize color scheme and speed of radar map changes over time. And for those who complain about accuracy... It's not possible to be 100 pct accurate in weather prediction... This is close. Make sure you're synced. App should automatically do this when you open it. I've had no glitches or performance issues so far.
Long time User and Big Fan
I have been using this app for many months, maybe a year or so now. It's my go to weather app! A couple times I almost deleted it after not liking a particular update but I couldn't find one I liked as much and then this one would update again and be my fave again. One of my fave things is that it's the first one to alert me of watches/warnings etc. I get the tornado warnings before I get them from my Red Cross app or the alerts on my local stations. That's a big deal to someone who has already been through two twisters. Aside from that, it love how it looks with an estimated time before rain starts/ends. Now that we live in the gulf, I know about rip current warnings for planning beach days too! It really has everything at my fingertips, doesn't crash and I hardly notice the ad bar.
Update: this was rated 4 stars until a nag dialog box appeared 5 or 6 times in a row, nagging me to review the app. I couldn't stop it from popping up. So, here is your 1 star rating. Good job.
1 star rating Refreshed today.
It doesn't get 5 stars. It's not perfect, but it's ver close. Insidiously, it has supplanted my former favourite weather app, eWeather (which is still execellent, too).
1. Thank you for letting me buy out of the productivity-destroying ad flow other apps try to force on users. Thank you for not nagging me constantly to leave a review.
2. A weather app is only as good as the weather info it displays. AccuWeather has made tremendous strides to get the weather forecast right. Good on you!
3. Has a "mini" forecast for the next two hour, a la Dark Sky. Very nice.
4. Has a lot of information with sufficient customisation. Don't like 5 or 10 day forecast? Here you can pick a 7 day forecast. Great!
5. Has the all important weather map I need to see to get a visual where a storm is coming from, how much of it there is, and if I get nailed or just strafed.
6. Has wonderfully detailed and reliable severe weather notifications. Has become a go-to source!
7. Has Today Screen gadgets. They need to be better organised. I would like to display different information on my 8 inch iPad than on my 5 inch iPhone.
All in all, a great effort. My last rating for this app (a couple of years ago) was one star.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 20, 2015
- Version: 8.2.0
- Size: 79.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2015 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99