AccuWeather - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest in weather with AccuWeather – Weather for Life. This completely rebuilt, customizable weather app features MinuteCast™, the leading minute-by-minute weather forecast that is hyper-localized to your exact street address.
• MinuteCast™ – minute by minute weather forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation.
• Pushed severe weather alerts – straight to your iPhone screen to keep you out of the storm!
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 15 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Easy swiping between screens for your weather details – no need to navigate to app menus.
• Exact, current GPS location forecasting and forecasting for all your favorite locations – nearly 3 million locations worldwide!
Other new features designed for iOS 7 include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app in blue for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting.
What's New in Version 7.0.10
In version 7.0.10
In this release, we focused on improving performance and are proud of our progress!
• NEW! Dramatic performance improvements throughout the application with special attention to loading times
• NEW! Made active severe weather watches and warnings more obvious
• NEW! Revised Daily Forecast list for better readability
• NEW! Added radar support for cities in Spain
If you enjoy the AccuWeather app, please take a moment to leave us a review, it’s much appreciated!
In case you missed it, here’s a summary of v7.0:
• NEW! Completely redesigned for iOS 7
• NEW! MinuteCast™ – minute by minute weather forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address
• NEW! Immersive weather condition animations
• NEW! Consistent tappable color to highlight interactive elements
• NEW! 72-hour forecast, plus 6 hours of historical hourly content
• NEW! Forecasts that are more detailed than ever before
• Now offering radar in Canada, Europe, and Japan
• More options for personalization
• Robust content caching for offline use
Definitely NOT the best....
I had the previous version, and now this new one. I liked the older one better as it was easier to read. Because of the colors chosen for the background and the colors chosen to write in pertinent details, it is very hard to read. It's something that would be so simple to change. My other hangup is the amount of time it takes to load. TWC seems to have everything this one has, but takes 2-3x longer to load.
I would encourage designers to make an update that includes the ability to change the color of background and color of writing to something with more contrast. To also give the option for the user to set things up how they want it. ie, I like seeing the radar. So allow me to put the radar up on the opening screen vs having to scroll to the bottom. Perhaps that could be an upgraded version. And for that, I would pay.
This Version is nothing to be proud of.
It still runs slow, probably from the pretty animation. still very hard to navigate, the scrolling is sticky and twitchy. The colors and display are still very hard to read, and it's just basically ugly. I just want accurate and easy to read weather information! I don't want fancy pastel clouds floating on the screen while it's given me slow and inaccurate information. I am not a teenage girl. I don't care about pretty clouds and unicorns. This was my go to weather app. It was by far the best. However, I am never going to use it again, but I am not going to delete it. It's like a train wreck, I can't pull my eyes away. I want to actually witnessed something that was so great get completely destroyed by arrogant designers that don't listen to their customers. I mean after all, you could at least given us the CHOICE to turn off the animation and pick a neutral, more contrast color and font.
Ditch This Disaster
This update is just as bad as the previous one.
Absolutely horrible user interface. Before the update, this was one of the best weather programs available. Now there's very little information on any one screen, and users are forced to majorly scroll around to get the information that used to be available on one screen. There is very little differentiation between sections, making all the information, as little as there is, run together. The color scheme is bland, making it a very boring interface and difficult to distinguish one section from another. The new style thin and light fonts are harder to read. I don't know how anybody could have approved this or thought it better. The best way to describe Accuweather: completely dysfunctional and ugly. Most other whether applications are now considerably better. Time to dump this disaster.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 18, 2014
- Version: 7.0.10
- Size: 29.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Steven Mesko
- © 2014 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$2.99