AccuWeather - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest in weather forecasting with AccuWeather – Weather for Life. This free, award winning weather app now includes crowdsourcing with AccUcast™ and features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, available for more countries and for more minutes than any other minute-by-minute precipitation forecast. Supporting Apple Watch™, this app offers the same world-class, synchronized app experience across all your iOS devices.
• AccUcast™ – Become part of the forecast by sharing your weather observations to help people in your community stay safe from hazardous weather and road conditions. View the real-time crowdsourced map with weather conditions submitted by users all over the world in a global animation display.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Apple Watch Support – featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, and severe weather alerts. When there is a severe weather alert for your favorite location, you will be notified by a tap sensation from the Watch and a low audible sound. Current conditions details include location, temperature and high and low for the day, wind speed, times for sunrise or sunset, and RealFeel Temperature® – AccuWeather’s proprietary forecast that shows the user how the temperature actually feels outside to a person in that exact location.
• Option to automatically download the app to all of your iOS devices.
• Widgets available so you can see a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 15 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Top-Trending weather videos from AccuWeather's Video Wall.
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – every location on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Option to select persistent GPS tracking to get your current weather data as quickly as possible. (Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.)
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting across your iOS devices.
What's New in Version 10.2.1
Apple Watch users rejoice! AccuWeather has completely overhauled the Apple Watch Complication experience with our innovative Complication Center. If you are a watch user you will be presented with this option immediately following this update. In the Complication Center, you'll be able to set different points of data to different complication sizes. Want Current Temp and Probability of Precipitation? Assign them to two different complication sizes and get both on your Watch Face. As with our previous complication, all of our new complications support Apple Watch's Time Travel feature. We have even more complications coming in the future and hope that users of the Apple Watch will really love this feature.
The Maps section now has a new Watches & Warnings option. This feature displays a color coded overlay on the map and when you press on any of the blocks of color you'll see what Watches or Warnings are in that area. Additionally, you'll get the start and end time of these events as well as the ability to go to the more detailed alert information.
Additionally, to our loyal users who have expressed concern with how often we prompt you to Rate our App. We're sorry you've been annoyed by this prompt. To correct this we have completely overhauled the logic behind this prompt and all users should be asked to provide feedback only when we have releases we really need feedback on. Thank you for all the positive feedback you've provided over the years including the feedback you've provided about our feedback logic.
As always, we've also spent some time on this release correcting a variety of bugs and increasing overall performance of the app.
Good app small modular icons
Good app but small modular icons! They are very very small and you need to make it larger as a native weather for iwatch!! No one will dedicate center of the watch for the biggest option to take it with weather app digits so we always push it away and it needs to be larger!
Also you need to make temperatures without clouds and icons as an option! This will create opportunity for people to choose just digits instead of complicated combinations - digits and items like clouds or Sun.
Another step will be making separate options for having temperature digits and wind as a two different spots on the watch. As of right now you can choose only one of them to be present on the watch.
My go-to weather app
I've been using the AccuWeather app for a long time now and it continues to add value. The addition of the Apple Watch complication makes it even more accessible. So far, I can only think of one feature which would be to control order of sections on he screen (I'd drop video section)
Only issue I've had is that the Apple Watch complication seems to stop updating from time to time, but that was just updated so I don't know yet if that was resolved.
I'd recommend this to someone looking for a well-rounded weather app.
The new AW app provides a remarkable depth of weather information on one attractive, easy to read scroll-down page. I have long relied on AW for planning my daily morning runs and it has provided comprehensive, reasonably accurate forecasts in a array of formats. The new format is simply one of the most useful, efficient pages in the stratosphere. It also includes more long-term hourly and daily data than any other weather channel. Kudos to the guys who cranked this out. Change can be a difficult thing, but these people have mastered the task.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Feb 22, 2017
- Version: 10.2.1
- Size: 171 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2016 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Platinum RestoreFree
- Remove Ads$3.99