AccuWeather: Weather for Life
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
This free, award-winning weather app features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, the leading minute-by-minute precipitation forecast, hyper-localized to your exact street address. AccuWeather offers the same Superior Accuracy™ and great experience across all iOS devices, including Apple Watch™.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Apple Watch Support – featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, and severe weather alerts. When there is a severe weather alert for your favorite location, you will be notified by a tap sensation from the Watch and a low audible sound. Current conditions details include location, temperature and high and low for the day, wind speed, times for sunrise or sunset, and RealFeel Temperature® – AccuWeather’s exclusive forecast that shows the user how the temperature actually feels outside.
• AccUcast™ – Become part of the forecast by sharing your weather observations to help people in your community stay safe from hazardous weather and road conditions. View the real-time crowdsourced map with weather conditions submitted by users all over the world in a global animation display.
• Option to automatically download the app to all of your iOS devices.
• Widget available so you can see a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the current weather conditions.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, European locations including United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, Germany, as well as Japan and Korea.
• Top-Trending weather videos from AccuWeather's News Team
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – every location on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot including MinuteCast® shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the details that you don’t care about.
• Option to select persistent GPS tracking to get your current weather data as quickly as possible. (Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.)
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting across your iOS devices.
What's New in Version 11.0
This version includes a number of performance improvements and bug fixes as well as several updates for iOS 11 users including a fix for the animated home screen background.
Other improvements include better global radar and a new look for the MinuteCast screen.
So so app
I was a regular user of Storm, but they deleted the ad-free option so I tried AccuWeather. It’s definitely different, I’m still getting used to it but I’m not liking it as mush as Storm (ad free). The layout is different which is, well just different. You can get used to that. What I don’t really like is the map view. The radar is a little odd, but serves the purpose. There is no option that I’ve found for displaying wind speed and direction, a feature I really liked on Storm. The cloud cover is truly odd, lighter cloud cover has darker opacity and heavier cloud cover is lighter opacity, huh? That’s the opposite of what it should be. I’ve got the Premium version and it offers a 25 day forecast, well isn’t that special. The weather forecasters have trouble with tomorrows weather and they think they can forecast 25 days out? For entertainment purposes only ...
What happened to the “accu” part of this app?
The app itself is fine, but the information in it isn’t anywhere close to what it used to be. Today it said “rain starting in 46 minutes.” Five minutes later I was out the door, walking the dogs ... and we got drenched. Time after time the home page will say “rain” at the top and then say “no precip for 120 minutes” right below it. Other times it’s pouring out and when I look to see when the rain will stop, the app says it’s sunny right now. Click on the circle that gives you the next two hours’ forecast and it’s all over the place. This app used to be dead-on accurate in terms of rain in my area and now it’s guesswork. And there have been times when the heat index is 15-20 degrees off. One day it even predicted snow. In Florida? Something changed in the past year, and not for the better.
Started off accurate
I got this app about 2 years ago based on friends using it and it was on point for precip/ temp. Now however it says it's going to rain on the current day forecast but usually says '0%' on the weekly forecast?? Also I'm having the same prob as other reviewers with the widget overlaying the fonts from different temps of the day so it's useless
I think I'll try Weather Bug - has recent great reviews or go back to the Weather channel
****Update October 2017 - now when I open it i get a pop up with ‘you’re currently viewing weather data cached from (date/ time) ‘ why in the world does that need to come up every single time now? Also the app closes randomly by itself - app is getting worse
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 23, 2017
- Version: 11.0
- Size: 186 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2017 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Platinum RestoreFree
- Platinum Upgrade$3.99