AccuWeather - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather International, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest in weather forecasting with AccuWeather – Weather for Life. This free, award winning weather app now includes crowdsourcing with AccUcast™ and features AccuWeather MinuteCast®, available for more countries and for more minutes than any other minute-by-minute precipitation forecast. Supporting Apple Watch™, this app offers the same world-class, synchronized app experience across all your iOS devices.
• AccUcast™ – Become part of the forecast by sharing your weather observations to help people in your community stay safe from hazardous weather and road conditions. View the real-time crowdsourced map with weather conditions submitted by users all over the world in a global animation display.
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• Apple Watch Support – featuring AccuWeather MinuteCast, current conditions details, and severe weather alerts. When there is a severe weather alert for your favorite location, you will be notified by a tap sensation from the Watch and a low audible sound. Current conditions details include location, temperature and high and low for the day, wind speed, times for sunrise or sunset, and RealFeel Temperature® – AccuWeather’s proprietary forecast that shows the user how the temperature actually feels outside to a person in that exact location.
• Option to automatically download the app to all of your iOS devices.
• Widgets available so you can see a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather on your Today screen in the Notification Center, includes AccuWeather MinuteCast.
• Pushed severe weather alerts to keep you out of the storm.
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 15 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Top-Trending weather videos from AccuWeather's Video Wall.
• Forecasting for all your favorite locations – every location on Earth.
Other popular features include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Option to select persistent GPS tracking to get your current weather data as quickly as possible. (Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.)
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting across your iOS devices.
What's New in Version 10.0.1
In version 10.0.1:
- Resolved an intermittent crash scenario
- Apple Watch and Today Extension fixes for iOS 9 users
Also, last time we forgot to mention the new ‘Color Theme’ feature for iPhone and iPad! Select between always light, always dark, and automatic day/night switching.
New Features for iOS 10:
- Fun weather stickers for iMessage
- Refreshed Apple Watch design for an even better weather experience on your watch
- "Dark Theme" support on Apple TV
- A refresh to the AccuWeather widget brings in new visuals and a faster loading experience
We’re also excited to share:
- New options to receive severe weather push alerts for multiple locations - including your live current location
- AccUcast, an area where you can report conditions and hazards, got a design overhaul that now allows for Thunderstorm and Fog submissions
- You can now share your incredible photos and videos of weather happening near you with our new ‘Upload Video’ feature
- Dramatic speed improvements to the Apple Watch application
Best Weather app
I've been using AccuWeather for years now and I still love it. I purchased the app kinda on a whim but it's been honestly one of the coolest things ever. The weather is so accurate and plus this app even gives you RealFeel that accounts for wind chill and humidity so it gives you an idea of what it actually feels like outside. It's totally customizable and one of the best features I think is all the different locations it has. On many other weather apps it doesn't allow me to write in the small town my mom lives in but this one had it up before I had even finished typing the name! It also gets weather from all over the world. Love the app. It's best one out there. Go platinum. It's worth it. You'll never need another weather app (not even the preloaded apple one!)
Easier than waiting for the weather channel
This app used to be great but now the updates are making it not meet my expectations. I am a person who works outdoors in Minnesota so I need to know what the weather is going to be like and this app used to be spot on, but now with each new update it's been telling me there is going to be rain when there has been so such rain or the app just closes the millisecond after I open it which doesn't even give me enough time to see the temperature.
Overall, I think this app beats the competition with the layout of giving the day's weather (humidity, wind speed, etc.) and forecast per hour and it also gives you a prediction of the upcoming weather which is nice to keep in the back of your mind even though there is a solid chance it is going to change.
Excellent, but radar won't load
This is my favorite weather app. I deleted all others after I found this answered all my activity planning questions related to weather. However, the radar images have not been uploading well or not at all. Have FlightAware app which show routes of airlines and radar shows up right away, although it does not play past weather. Minutecast is amazingly accurate. Feel good temps should factor in other conditions besides humidity, like wind. Vacationing in Daytona Beach and with temp of 85 and 70% humidity feel good reports 94 degrees. But with a wind of 10-15mph, maybe 88.
You should also report the factors causing the weather like High pressure will be dominating the region over the next day and....Unless I haven't found that yet.
Still my favorite go to weather app!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Sep 20, 2016
- Version: 10.0.1
- Size: 161 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: AccuWeather International, Inc.
- © 2016 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$3.99
- Platinum RestoreFree