"The comprehensive language tutorial package developed by Jabra F. Ghneim has proven to be an invaluable tool for students of the language. His work, which involves a vast amount of critical listening and reading question and answer exercises, has proven to be vital to the student that is required to grasp a wide range of global language knowledge. Mr. Ghneim has developed a masterful project that keenly recognizes the necessities for basic and expert understanding of the language. The material is interwoven from subject to subject which enables the student to quickly transcend all subject matter barriers of learning a foreign language."
- Jason E., Linguist, US Navy
"I'm impressed with this and I do recommend it. It is not a "learn Chinese" app. It's an improvement tool for folks who already have some Chinese. It is very well focused specifically on improving DLPT performance. Casting a wide net in newspapers and internet and reading widely is another approach. But in this app Mr. Ghneim has already cast that wide net for you and collected the material in an easy to use format - plus taken the extra step of constructing DLPT-like questions about the material. He is clearly familiar not only with the kinds of materials that go into a DLPT, but also with the kinds of questions that are constructed around those materials."
- Devin H. USAF
This is the first edition of ACE My Language: Chinese, the only mobile app to prepare military, government and college language students for their Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) V in Chinese. The DLPT is a crucial test that measures the language knowledge of people who want to work in the US government with a focus on the Chinese-speaking Middle East. The app prepares students for the test and for their jobs. Guaranteed to increase your score on the exam. Includes up to 150 articles from authentic Chinese sources and corresponding native audio for each passage. This app is used at West Point, The Defense Language Institute, Foreign Service Institute and other military language schools around the country.
This is the ultimate resource you or your students will need to prepare for your job requirements as a translator, analyst or simply to prepare for standard Chinese language tests that examine your listening and reading skills. It is also a great resource for Chinese students in an academic environment or those studying Chinese independently to pass Chinese standard tests as administered by government agencies or academic institutions. Immerse yourself in Chinese like never before to get the results you want and improve your score.
This app will provide you with:
* Up to hundreds of challenging passages, questions, and audio passages by a native speaker of Chinese simulating the actual DLPT format for real practice testing experience (some articles are included in the free distribution and others are available through in-app purchase).
* Up to several questions per article to simulate the multi-question approach of the DLPT 5 in Chinese
* Live material from various open media sources covering all DLPT content objectives including economics, politics, science, technology, geography, culture, social, military, and security.
* Comprehensive exposure to critical terminology and vocabulary, both familiar and unfamiliar, in various contexts, to increase your overall vocabulary and to improve your ability to infer and deduce meaning.
* Material of varying levels of complexity, including Chinese and foreign names of people and places, to challenge your listening and reading comprehension.
* Several hours of articles spoken in native Chinese for deep exposure in a variety of topics.
Find us at "Ace My Language" on Facebook or at www.LuckyDogApps.com/acemylanguage
Ratings and Reviews
Answers are not all correct
Overall this would have been a good app even if the interface is a bit lousy, however, what really makes it not so useful is that some passages don't match the questions, and some correct answers are wrong. I asked several native speakers to review certain passages and found that my original answer was correct after all.
It is hard to prep for an exam if you are being told the right answer is something else. Exams are about strategy, so if you know you were wrong, you'd go back and re-read for other details you may have missed. I'm glad, I suppose, I paid only once for additional passages...
Fix the errors, and perhaps a friendlier interface, and this app would be perfect.
A Highly Recommended Product
I have used the ACE product in three other languages and managed to get my DLPT score above 2/2 for the first time in my 15 year army career. I don't speak or know Chinese, but if you are a military linguist studying Chinese I highly recommend this product.
No matter what, the reading and listening section would only ever display the first passage and question. No matter which answer was selected it would still just say "excellent" at the end as well
- 314.2 MB
Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012
- In-App Purchases
- SALE: All Articles 7-148 $34.99
- Articles 7-42 $8.99
- Articles 115-148 $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.