Acid Plus - The ABG Calculator
By Free Radical Software
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
New version coming soon! Current version still runs on all devices including iPhone 6 and 6 Plus as well as all iPads!
Designed, programmed, and used by two internal medicine docs, Acid Plus is an essential tool for healthcare professionals who need quick, powerful, and easy-to-interpret acid-base results from ABGs and metabolic panels.
Ideal for MDs, PAs, RNs, RTs, EMTs, and med students, everything you need for acid-base calculations is put right in the palm of your hand. No more ABG cards or guesswork.
With an intuitive design and easy-to-read display, Acid Plus makes it a breeze to answer even the most complex acid-base problems in seconds. Just turn the device to landscape view to get a colorful graph with an arrow highlighting the disorder.
*** What Others Say **************
• "This is certainly the best ABG calculator that we have seen so far on the iPhone and iPod Touch."
- Firas Salim, www.pda4peds.com
• "If you are practicing medicine and own an iPhone, you need to have it."
- Igor Kovic, MD, www.ivor-kovic.com
• "Interpreting the ABG and electrolytes to understand the acid-base status in my patients just turned from a chore into something immensely enjoyable. I cannot help smiling whenever I start this application."
• "This program is awesome! You have no idea how much this helps. Thank you so much."
• Fast, accurate input using the dial
• Primary calculations including partial and complete compensations using anion gap with delta delta
• International support for kPa
• Ability to discern complex acid/base problems with secondary disorders
• See the anion gap and delta delta displayed on-screen with metabolic acidoses
• Detailed views listing common causes of the primary acid-base disorder
• Optionally display base excess to gauge severity of a disorder
• Rotating your device right or left to landscape view reveals a colorful acid-base graph
• Real-time bouncing arrow pointing to the correct disorder on the graph
• Set your own institution's anion gap easily for personalized results
• Save and recall your most recent ABG for quick review
• Works on both iPhone and iPod Touch
If you like the program please rate it. If you have any concerns or find any bugs please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER: Please consider that the results provided by this program are intended to supplement but not substitute for the expertise and clinical judgment of a healthcare professional. The results and accompanying educational material are provided as is, and Free Radical does not warrant that they are accurate or up to date, although that is certainly our goal.
What's New in Version 2.5
• In honor of our anesthesia colleagues, Acid Plus now gives you the option of displaying Base Excess
- Base Excess adds another layer of interpretive nuance by allowing a quick check of how severe an acid-base disturbance is
- Base Excess display is off by default, so head to the preference page to turn it on when desired
• Support emails now automatically include your most recent ABG values and device info to help with troubleshooting (optional)
• First time users will receive a reminder hint to rotate the device left or right to see the graph view
• Typo corrections
There have been several more updates since my last review and I think the program has come a long way. Improvents could include showing the Henderson hasselbach results so you know you're working with good numbers to start. I also run into quite a few triple disorders and seeing all the calculated numbers would be useful instead of having to manually calculate it every time. Anyway, this program should still be used with caution, but it can at least point you in the right direction now.
Don't stay to much on this app
You might be addicted
Waist of time. It can not handle mixed acid base problems like an aspirin overdose. It will give an error message "these numbers violate the HH equation." I guess my patients failed math.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Sep 13, 2009
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 0.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Free Radical Software, LLC
- © 2008-2009 Free Radical Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.