Automated Arabic verb conjugator. Indispensable for students, teachers & professionals. ACON is the only true Arabic verb conjugator on the Appstore.
For almost a decade, nearly 200.000 students, teachers, linguists and translators have used ACON as their go-to reference for Arabic verb conjugation. The iOS version offers many more features, including audio pronunciations and more tenses and moods than the web-based version.
ACON's advanced vowel suggestion-system stops you from guessing what the perfect/imperfect vowel combinations are for type I (فعل) verbs. This intelligent vowel-suggestion system is based on the massive Lane's Lexicon, and contains information on over 4.000 roots.
ACON is NOT a dictionary, but it provides English translations for the most commonly used verbs.
ACON currently supports:
- All tri-literal roots
- Active and Passive voices
- Perfect, Imperfect tenses
- Indicative, Subjunctive, Jussive and Imperative moods
- Verb type I (فعل) to type X (استفعل)
- Easy to understand, emphatic pronunciation
- Library of Congress transliteration
It will conjugate:
- Regular roots
- Doubled roots (with shadda)
- Hamzated roots
- Assimilated roots (firs letter weak)
- Hollow roots (second letter weak)
- Weak-end roots (third letter weak)
- Exceptional verbs (e.g.: ليس, رأى, أرى)
- Fixed UI bug with certain iPad devices.
- Pronunciation now also works when your iPad or iPhone is set to silent mode.
Ratings and Reviews
Just what I have been waiting for!
An extremely useful app, but not only for conjugating Arabic verbs of all types. Spend too much time searching in the dictionary not for the meaning of a verb, but because you can't remember the correct voweling? This app's newest feature which suggests the verb's voweling is a wonderful feature. The developer has been quick to respond to comments and I believe this app will only improve. Worth every penny.
A must for anyone studying Arabic (fusha) especially if your going through the Madinah Arabic book series and want to build up your verbs with the proper conjugation. (IMO)
Great app but needs one improvement
The app does not give a meaning to some of the forms. So while the conjugation is there, no meaning. I wish all the verbs had meaning for the forms that are actively used.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.