Acrobits Softphone, the perfect app for entry into the world of SIP.
*** Featuring Video calls over Wi-Fi
Check out the video tutorial and knowledgeable article at the links below.
With loads of preconfigured providers and an extremely intuitive user interface, Acrobits Softphone is simple to configure and a delight to use. Designed for ease of use but still extremely customizable, Acrobits Softphone is both the perfect Softphone to ease new users into the world of SIP and a reliable, feature rich client for veteran VoIP users.
Business users and veteran VoIP users should also check out our business caliber SIP Client, Groundwire. Just go to More iPhone Apps by Acrobits and click on Groundwire. It contains all the features of Acrobits Softphone and more.
“Acrobits Softphone is one of the best designed VoIP on the iPhone applications available today.”
Read more: http://bit.ly/vB6dQ9
“Acrobits Softphone is my New Favorite VoIP SIP Client”
Read more: http://bit.ly/a69OZP
For the list of providers and VoIP services tested with Softphone, see http://www.acrobits.cz/about-us/partners#tab_verified-voip-operators
- Push Notifications, a reliable way to receive calls when Acrobits Softphone is closed or in the background
- WiFi Finder add-on lets you search for a nearby wifi in a database of many millions of wifi hotspots around the world
- Call recording (only available for SIP calls, will not record calls made from your GSM line)
- Backgrounding support
- Bluetooth headset support (iPhones only)
- Customizable ringtones
- Video calls, H263 and H264 codecs
- Quickdial, your favorite contacts only one tap away
- Quick import of accounts from major VoIP providers
- Excellent sound quality, supports Opus, G.722, G.711, iLBC and GSM. Make an in app purchase to add G.729 for great performance over cellular networks
- Highly configurable settings
- Native Contacts Integration
- SIP traffic diagnostic log for troubleshooting
Acrobits Softphone fans, please rate Acrobits Softphone or leave a review.
NOTE: WiFi Finder add-on is a subscription which will auto-renew monthly at the same price as your initial monthly payment (USD 0.99 or equivalent). Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Your auto-renewal can be turned off and your subscription can be managed by going to your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
If you have an issue with Acrobits Softphone, please contact our support even if you leave a review stating the problem. We are unable to respond to reviews so even if your issue is simple to resolve, we have no way of letting you know. Acrobits Softphone is highly configurable so problems that seem insurmountable may just require a couple of adjustments to the settings.
***NOTES - IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ***
SIP - Acrobits Softphone is a SIP Client, not a VoIP service. You must have service with a VoIP provider that supports use on a standard SIP client to use it.
VoIP over 3G - Be aware that some mobile operators prohibit or restrict the use of VoIP over their network. They may prohibit the use of VoIP or impose additional fees when using VoIP over their network. By using the app over 3G, you agree to abide by any restrictions your cellular carrier imposes and agree that Acrobits will not be held responsible for any fees or liability imposed by your carrier for using the app over 3G network.
maintenance release. Fixes for several bugs introduced in the previous update:
- proximity-based speaker phone was not working - fixed.
- DTMF tones were not sent correctly when using CallKit and native in-all screen
- history search string is remembered between app restart, but after restart, the field is not populated. This makes the history filtered, but search string is not visible, which is confusing.
- iPhone X, XS layout issues fixed
Ratings and Reviews
*** Dropped iPad support *** Works well with Asterisk / PBX in a Flash
How about an iPad formatted, universal version, upgrade?
Upgraded to 5 stars for g.729 support, and a slew of additional, excellent enhancements - not to mention the developer keeps improving and supporting an excellent VoIP client. I wish I could give him more $$$ ;-)
Upgraded to 4 Stars for supporting calling straight over 3G. Woohoo!
I run my own PBX in a Flash home and office PBX, and have been looking for an appropriate client on iPhone. This does the job, and it does it very well.
Some suggestions for enhancements that would catapult this well into 5 stars territory:
- support for the G.729 codec for even better quality. Yes, G.729 costs money to license - make it an in-app purchase. I would gladly pay an additional $5 or so for that feature.
- allow customizing the ringtones
- add custom quick-buttons for VM, for example.
- aesthetic changes of the look and feel to bring it more in line with the native look of an iPhone phone app, than some avant garde retro design experiment (allow selection of different skins, to appease avant garde retro afficionados). Maybe make skins an in-app purchase. ;-)
Do these, and a shining 5 stars, and more money, will be yours ;-)
After purchasing this app many months ago I’ve finally tried it with the FlyNumber wwPBX. Believe I’ve set it up with proper account info, yet every couple days SoftPhone gives me a pop up message that my FlyNumber account has expired on the push server. Huh. I know my account hasn’t expired on FlyNumber, but who is running the server mentioned? Where do I get help on this? Giving SoftPhone the shadow of doubt, I’ve rated it 3 stars even though it hasn’t yet served for a single phone call.
please contact us at email@example.com , we can't discuss specific cases on the review forum. The message you are getting indicates some problem with push notifications, I am sure we'll figure it out.
LOVE Softphone again!!!
The update now fixed the issue with Callcentric, thank you for the quick fix! This SIP program does everything I need plus extras that give it a big advantage over others including Skype. For one thing the ability to record the call is a huge bonus as often I need to review conversations for my work. Also I never could get my Callcentric SIP account to work with iPico or other iPhone SIP programs, Softphone worked without any problems. Lastly, I love that you can now use bluetooth with Softphone which is something Skype doesn't support and I seriously doubt that other iPhone SIP programs do at the moment. In a nutshell this is a well polished iPhone app well worth purchasing especially with all of the extras it includes. I like Callcentric and it works perfect with Softphone, highly recommended if you like saving money!!! This is by far my favorite VOIP program on either my Mac or my iPhone. No I don't work them, this is just a Grade A written program and does what I need it to do and well above that. Now with 3G support there's no reason to use AT&T for international calls, save your money and get this app.
- 58 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2018 Acrobits
- In-App Purchases
- G.729 Annex A Codec $9.99
- ZRTP For Outgoing Calls $24.99
- WiFi Finder $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.