Acrobits Softphone, the perfect app for entry into the world of SIP.
*** Featuring Video calls over Wi-Fi and full CallKit integration.
Check out the video tutorial and knowledgeable article at the links below.
With loads of preconfigured providers and an extremely intuitive user interface, Acrobits Softphone is simple to configure and a delight to use. Designed for ease of use but still extremely customizable, Acrobits Softphone is both the perfect Softphone to ease new users into the world of SIP and a reliable, feature rich client for veteran VoIP users.
Business users and veteran VoIP users should also check out our business caliber SIP Client, Groundwire. Just go to More iPhone Apps by Acrobits and click on Groundwire. It contains all the features of Acrobits Softphone and more.
“Acrobits Softphone is one of the best designed VoIP on the iPhone applications available today.”
Read more: http://bit.ly/vB6dQ9
“Acrobits Softphone is my New Favorite VoIP SIP Client”
Read more: http://bit.ly/a69OZP
For the list of providers and VoIP services tested with Softphone, see http://www.acrobits.cz/about-us/partners#tab_verified-voip-operators
- Push Notifications, a reliable way to receive calls when Acrobits Softphone is closed or in the background
- WiFi Finder add-on lets you search for a nearby wifi in a database of many millions of wifi hotspots around the world
- Call recording (only available for SIP calls, will not record calls made from your GSM line)
- Backgrounding support
- Bluetooth headset support (iPhones only)
- Customizable ringtones
- Video calls, H263 and H264 codecs
- Quickdial, your favorite contacts only one tap away
- Quick import of accounts from major VoIP providers
- Excellent sound quality, supports Opus, G.722, G.711, iLBC and GSM. Make an in app purchase to add G.729 for great performance over cellular networks
- Highly configurable settings
- Native Contacts Integration
- SIP traffic diagnostic log for troubleshooting
Acrobits Softphone fans, please rate Acrobits Softphone or leave a review.
If you have an issue with Acrobits Softphone, please contact our support even if you leave a review stating the problem. We are unable to respond to reviews so even if your issue is simple to resolve, we have no way of letting you know. Acrobits Softphone is highly configurable so problems that seem insurmountable may just require a couple of adjustments to the settings.
***NOTES - IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ***
SIP - Acrobits Softphone is a SIP Client, not a VoIP service. You must have service with a VoIP provider that supports use on a standard SIP client to use it.
VoIP over 3G - Be aware that some mobile operators prohibit or restrict the use of VoIP over their network. They may prohibit the use of VoIP or impose additional fees when using VoIP over their network. By using the app over 3G, you agree to abide by any restrictions your cellular carrier imposes and agree that Acrobits will not be held responsible for any fees or liability imposed by your carrier for using the app over 3G network.
Maintenance release. Minor bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
*** Dropped iPad support *** Works well with Asterisk / PBX in a Flash
How about an iPad formatted, universal version, upgrade?
Upgraded to 5 stars for g.729 support, and a slew of additional, excellent enhancements - not to mention the developer keeps improving and supporting an excellent VoIP client. I wish I could give him more $$$ ;-)
Upgraded to 4 Stars for supporting calling straight over 3G. Woohoo!
I run my own PBX in a Flash home and office PBX, and have been looking for an appropriate client on iPhone. This does the job, and it does it very well.
Some suggestions for enhancements that would catapult this well into 5 stars territory:
- support for the G.729 codec for even better quality. Yes, G.729 costs money to license - make it an in-app purchase. I would gladly pay an additional $5 or so for that feature.
- allow customizing the ringtones
- add custom quick-buttons for VM, for example.
- aesthetic changes of the look and feel to bring it more in line with the native look of an iPhone phone app, than some avant garde retro design experiment (allow selection of different skins, to appease avant garde retro afficionados). Maybe make skins an in-app purchase. ;-)
Do these, and a shining 5 stars, and more money, will be yours ;-)
After purchasing this app many months ago I’ve finally tried it with the FlyNumber wwPBX. Believe I’ve set it up with proper account info, yet every couple days SoftPhone gives me a pop up message that my FlyNumber account has expired on the push server. Huh. I know my account hasn’t expired on FlyNumber, but who is running the server mentioned? Where do I get help on this? Giving SoftPhone the shadow of doubt, I’ve rated it 3 stars even though it hasn’t yet served for a single phone call.
Developer Response ,
please contact us at email@example.com , we can't discuss specific cases on the review forum. The message you are getting indicates some problem with push notifications, I am sure we'll figure it out.
They fixed the really annoying camera issue! That was my only complaint. Great app!
Developer Response ,
I am sorry you are having issues with the app. We're not aware about any problems related to camera. Our app doesn't touch camera unless there is an active video call, it's a telephony app after all. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can troubleshoot.
As for the battery consumption, with iOS 12 made things really a bit worse when using "standard" incoming call mode. Fortunately, you can use the default "push" mode, which does not consume any extra battery power and still lets you receive your incoming calls.
Edit: actually, we have found the camera issue! It's quite strange, voice calls made through our app somehow interfere with autofocus in system Camera app. The next update will contain a workaround for this. Thank you for reporting it and we're sorry for the inconvenience.
- 59.6 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2019 Acrobits
- In-App Purchases
- G.729 Annex A Codec $9.99
- ZRTP For Outgoing Calls $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.