ACS Mobile provides readers with a searchable, multi-journal, up-to-the-minute live stream of new peer-reviewed research content (Articles ASAP) published across the Society's preeminent portfolio of scholarly research journals, including the flagship Journal of the American Chemical Society. The application also includes a "Latest News" feed from Chemical and Engineering News -- the Society's industry-leading magazine and preferred source of online news. ACS Mobile makes a scientist's daily commute, business travel, or time away from the desk or laboratory a more rewarding and productive experience.
ACS Mobile offers the following features:
* Up-to-the minute access to new ACS ASAP Articles, personalized across the entire portfolio of over 50 peer-reviewed ACS Journals
* Tailored "on the fly" filtering options for viewing content from selected ACS titles
* Delivery of an indexed list of more than 40,000 research articles published annually, complete with graphical and text abstracts
* Automatic saving of abstracts for offline reading
* A "Latest News" feed from Chemical & Engineering News Online
* Saving of favorites in a "My ASAPs" folder for convenient offline reading and pushing back to your usual research setting
* Interface to full-text article access (via wireless or Virtual Private Networks) for users at institutions that subscribe to ACS Journals
* Sharing of links and snippets via e-mail, Facebook, Twitter and other options
Stay current. Get ACS Mobile today.
Minor performance and security enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Thanks for fixing the bug!
App is so helpful!
Update WAS horrible, works now!
12/7/17 - Newest update works! I don’t see anything better than what it was before the new interface, but at least it’s back to a very useful app.
11/14/17-Latest fix to the update is still awful! Yes, emailed abstracts are back to a useful format, but very often no abstracts even load. Blank page for ASAP’s. Zero stars until this gets fixed. What was the point of this update?
Problems with this update are non-trivial: images associated with abstracts load slowly or not at all, and when an abstract is shared by email, the awkward, long URL to the mobile acs site is the title and text of the message, rather than the much friendlier format of the email from the previous version.
If this isn’t fixed, the chemistry community has lost a valuable tool for quickly viewing abstracts on a mobile device. I used the old version nearly every day, and sent myself useful articles 2-3 times per week. I won’t be doing that with the current version of this app.
Would rate it zero stars if possible
I cannot accept a great and big scientific community like ACS can’t make a reliable app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.