ACS Mobile provides readers with a searchable, multi-journal, up-to-the-minute live stream of new peer-reviewed research content (Articles ASAP) published across the Society's preeminent portfolio of scholarly research journals, including the flagship Journal of the American Chemical Society. The application also includes a "Latest News" feed from Chemical and Engineering News -- the Society's industry-leading magazine and preferred source of online news. ACS Mobile makes a scientist's daily commute, business travel, or time away from the desk or laboratory a more rewarding and productive experience.
ACS Mobile offers the following features:
* Up-to-the minute access to new ACS ASAP Articles, personalized across the entire portfolio of over 50 peer-reviewed ACS Journals
* Tailored "on the fly" filtering options for viewing content from selected ACS titles
* Delivery of an indexed list of more than 40,000 research articles published annually, complete with graphical and text abstracts
* Automatic saving of abstracts for offline reading
* A "Latest News" feed from Chemical & Engineering News Online
* Saving of favorites in a "My ASAPs" folder for convenient offline reading and pushing back to your usual research setting
* Interface to full-text article access (via wireless or Virtual Private Networks) for users at institutions that subscribe to ACS Journals
* Sharing of links and snippets via e-mail, Facebook, Twitter and other options
Stay current. Get ACS Mobile today.
Minor performance and security enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
New update needs some tweaks
Overall it looks like someone did the bear minimum to update to the new UI; doesn't look all that clean or professional. ASAPs weren't saved, but since they gave that notice ahead of time it's understandable. Biggest complaint is that you can't zoom in when reading the PDF - how else am I supposed to read the article on my phone?
Great app. Very efficient to keep up with articles. One complaint is that during update you changed the format when sharing. It used to have a link and the title. Really want that back when I share by email so I can search the emails later.
Horrible update!!! Ruined a great app!!!!
This used to be the best app and the best way to stay up to date with new Chemistry. After the latest update, nothing loads properly, the abstracts don’t look as nice, and I can’t zoom in on full articles?!?!!? This is terrible!!! I want the old app back. Please fix all these bugs!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.