Action Camera Toolbox
By Harald Meyer
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The Action Camera Toolbox controls action cameras from different companies, including GoPro, Ricoh, and Xiaomi. The app offers live preview, multi-camera support, and a powerful scripting language, which gives you full control over the camera settings. Now you can write your own scripts for instance for exposure/focus bracketing, time-lapse, event driven scripts, etc.
!!! Import - Read before download !!!
The app ships with a free virtual camera device which you can use for playing around with the app and test the scripting language. Real cameras are available as one-time in-app-purchases. Please take also a look at the "Model information" section on http://www.tequnique.com/acthelp for device specific information (not all action cameras support everything!).
+++ Supported models +++
- GoPro Hero 2 (with Wifi bacpac), Hero 3 (White/Silver/Black), Hero 3+ (Silver/Black), Hero 4 (Silver/Black), Hero 5, Hero Session, and Hero+.
- Ricoh Theta m15 and Theta S.
- Xiaomi Yi and Yi 4K.
- In-device/system camera (e.g. front/back camera).
+++ App features +++
- Change settings, start recording, change camera power state*, etc.
- Live preview*.
- Control multiple action cameras at the same time (including preview)*. This feature is currently only supported by Xiaomi Yi and Yi 4K and requires manual work.
- Download media from the camera to your device*.
- Presets allow you to store different, and fast accessible sets of camera settings.
*Note: The app features vary between camera models, and sometimes even between firmware versions. Check http://www.tequnique.com/acthelp for details.
+++ Example use cases +++
- Change action camera settings without having to worry about privacy or deal with automatic sharing features found in stock action camera apps.
- Control multiple action cameras.
- Script custom camera scenarios for instance for exposure bracketing (e.g. for HDR), focus stacking, surveillance, time-lapse, repeating tasks, etc.
+++ Live preview with Hero 4 and 5 cameras +++
If you cannot see the live preview then make sure that the macOS firewall does not block the UDP port 8554 (details: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201642).
+++ Disclaimer +++
- We are not affiliated with GoPro, Ricoh, Xiaomi/Yi cooperation.
- The app uses GPS to set the GPS coordinates for cameras which support this (e.g. Ricoh Theta).
What's New in Version 1.01
- Added support for GoPro Hero 5 and GoPro Hero 5 Session cameras.
- Added parameter "getLiveStreamPreview" to the HTTP command server which downloads the last live preview image.
- Added new ACT Remote Camera for controlling (multiple) cameras from remote devices.
- Added support for Xiaomi Yi 4K 1.2 firmware.
- Bug fixes and UI improvements.
I had no trouble, Hero 5
After puechasing the Camera Module for the Hero 5, i had no trouble conecting the camera, making adjustments, and the live preview is very good, i had some questions and the developer response was fast and really helpful.
'free' app. Useless without in-app purchase.
I bought this as a free alternative to another app with similar features, but upon trying to connect to my go pros, I was greeted with a 'buy this feature' prompt. So yes, the download is free, but if you want it to do what it claims to do, it's $40.
I hate this type of deceptive marketing in the App Store. This app is not free, it's $40(unless you don't care if it works, then it's free).
waist of money
does not do what it says. I want my money back :(
- Category: Video
- Updated: Oct 05, 2016
- Version: 1.01
- Size: 24.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Harald Meyer
- © (C) Tequnique.com 2016
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- GoPro Hero Session camera.$4.99
- GoPro Hero 4 Silver and Black Edition camera.$4.99
- Enable GoPro Hero 5.$4.99
- GoPro Hero 2, 3, and 3+ cameras.$4.99
- GoPro Hero Session camera.$4.99
- All action cameras.$39.99
- Xiaomi Yi 4K camera$4.99
- Enable ACT remote camera feature.$2.99
- Xiaomi Yi camera.$4.99
- Ricoh Theta S camera.$4.99