Get the most accurate Jacksonville-area forecast in town with the First Alert Weather App from Action News Jax - WJAX/WFOX. The app features the forecast from your neighborhood, live radar, breaking weather alerts, live streaming video from Chief Meteorologist Mike Buresh and the First Alert weather team.
Summary of Features:
- There is a new radar in the weather app that matches the radar found on other digital platforms and also includes future radar to provide you with a likely path and outlook of storms. The radar has 250 meter resolution, the highest available.
- New tracks - We added earthquakes and storm tracks as layers in the radar. Now you can track the location and magnitude of earthquakes as well for storms the speed, direction and type. Tap the “storm symbols” icon in the radar to see the list.
- Push alerts are FREE for more than 25 alert types including everything from tornado warnings to winter storm warnings and tropical storm alert types.
- Now you can scroll through the home screen to access most of what you need or want on one tab.
- Place a location pin precisely where you want it for a specific address or any position on a map. When saving a location you can name it exactly how you want it.
- The app works with identical features on tablet and handset.
- Additional items added seasonally
The weather app also has these critical benefits and features:
- The radar zooms down to your neighborhood or zooms out to check radar anywhere in the country.
- The app provides Location-Based alerts. While many other apps offer alerts based on your county, This app supports a more precise type of alert issued for the most dangerous types of weather threats. More precision means you get alerts that matter to you, not false alarms.
- Current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts for any location you enter.
- High resolution satellite cloud imagery
- Ability to add and save locations
- A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
- Additional items added seasonally
*Data and alerting available for the United States only
Thank you for your feedback! We have enhanced our radar, moved the daily forecast up higher and made some modifications to the wording on the lower navigation menu to help you find critical content. Please keep the feedback coming and we'll keep working hard to improve our app for you!
Note: App versions prior to 4.7 will stop working on 5/1. Please update today!
Ratings and Reviews
This is the best local weather app in Jacksonville. The interactive radar allows me to track down to my street address. I love the live streaming feature. The 7-day with the hour by hour break out is impressive. The Action News First Alert weather team provides Coverage You Can Count On!
Awesome, Great Graphics!
THE weather app to have, even if you don't live in the Jacksonville area. The data is up to date, easy to read and the share feature is excellent. Highly recommend this app for any weather condition - rain or shine!
I love this app! Since downloading it, I have deleted the weather channel app which was a bunch of bull and inaccurate most of the time. I like the simplicity of this one, the google earth background and its overall appearance. I also think "mike" is the best weatherman on air!!! Keep up the good work!
- Cox Media Group, Inc
- 91.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Cox Media Group, Inc. and The Weather Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.