The patent pending Roush Active Exhaust flow control system is unique in the industry and allows the owner of the vehicle to “tune” their exhaust note for their driving conditions and preferences. The Active Exhaust App for iOS gives you the ability to both monitor the Active Exhaust system inside the vehicle while it's operating and design your own custom strategies for deciding how your vehicle sounds. Whether it's on the track or driving through town, you're in control!
The 2015 Mustang with Quad Tip exhaust is equipped with two tailpipe exhaust valves, one in the left tailpipe and one in the right tailpipe. Each exhaust tailpipe valve is installed in the low restriction exhaust path of a dual outlet muffler, near the exhaust tip. When a tailpipe exhaust valve is open, the low restriction exhaust path is opened to the atmosphere, and the exhaust note becomes more aggressive. The valves can be controlled from full closed to full open.
There are four specific exhaust performance modes that result in different behavior of the exhaust tailpipe valves and the mode is selectable from a switch in the vehicle cabin or via this mobile application. These modes are:
• TRACK: Exhaust tailpipe valves will be OPEN at all times when the engine is running. This is typically a track setting and is not legal for road use.
• SPORT: Exhaust tailpipe valves are open when the engine is idling and closed during normal/non-aggressive driving. Valves open during aggressive driving and/or higher speeds. The settings are pre-loaded to be more aggressive (louder) than stock, but still legal for on-road operation. Once the engine is running, accelerator pedal position and vehicle speed are used to determine the commanded state (percent open or closed) of the exhaust tailpipe valves.
• CUSTOM TUNE: It is possible to personalize the exhaust sound under this switch setting. This unique calibration is done by the end user via this mobile application and a WiFi dongle connected to the vehicle’s diagnostic connector. You have full access to how much the valves open and close based on vehicle speed and accelerator position. The application allows full range tuning based on customer wants based on vehicle input.
• TOURING: Exhaust tailpipe valves are CLOSED at all times.
Ratings and Reviews
As a 2015 mustang gt owner with this exhaust system I can say it's fabulous! Although I have a few recommendations that roush engineers and app developers could integrate. Other exhaust companies have certain features such as location based triggers for exhaust. Having the exhaust shut or open or change to any given percentage within a certain "radius" of an address would be nice. Also having more customization other than just speed and throttle. Having an rpm customization would be great. The current graph is only based on throttle percentage and speed. Having it change according to rpm would be a fabulous addition. I hope engineers can see this and maybe do something because roush is starting to have some competition!
- Roush Performance Products, INC
- 22.3 MB
Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2015 Roush Performance Products, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.