Janome’s AcuDesign Embroidery App allows you to purchase, edit, import and export designs from your iOS mobile device. Includes 650 embroidery designs.
Import, export, print and edit your own collection of designs or purchased designs from your favorite Retailer or online, in all supported embroidery formats.
Scale your designs, change thread colors, fabric type and automatically adjust the density of embroidery designs. AcuDesign can save designs in multiple file formats to work with your machine.
Preview designs in Photorealistic preview and stitching simulation to ensure perfection every time. Share your designs with your friends on Facebook with one click.
Use your iOS device as a portable library, with automatic sync to iCloud and Dropbox!
Exports to Artistic Edge WiFi cutter
Lettering capability (in-app purchase) with 20 high-quality scalable pre-digitized fonts.
* Many free embroidery designs for download
* Complete collection of embroidery designs to purchase through the Apple Store
* Filter, sort and search embroidery designs
* Select multiple designs and export them to stitch file and optionally ZIP them together
* Show the embroidery designs grouped either by package or by category
* US and Metric measurement system
* iCloud® connection to sync purchases between machines
* Dropbox® sync to display and export files
* 3D photorealistic preview of the embroidery design
* Photorealistic, real-time simulation of the stitching process, with machine speed adjustment option and “move frame” ability; the sound of the machine can be muted or its volume adjusted from the Preferences.
* Measure tool that allows you to measure your designs
* Ability to change thread colors from a complete collection of thread color palettes (all major manufacturers)
* Representation of the "shiny" effect of rayon/polyester thread, according to the move of the iPhone/iPod or iPad.
* Change fabric type and fabric color for better preview of the final embroidery result.
* Send the thread information that you will use in the specific design by email, add the quantity you need and use it as shopping list.
* Show the design in the embroidery hoop and re-center it if necessary
* Rename a design and add/edit tags
Import and Export the following formats:
* (.jef, .jef+, .jpx, .sew) Janome®
* (.vp3) Hursqvarna Viking®/Pfaff®
* (.exp) Bernina®/Melco® expanded
* (.pec, .pes) Brother®/Babylock®
* (.dst) Tajima®
* (.xxx) Singer®
* (.shv) Viking® D1 (import only)
* (.pcm, .pcs) Pfaff®
* Export to Edge WiFi cutter
* Ability to Undo and Redo any change you make
* Scale, rotate or slant the design with automatic stitch density adjustment
* Add, move or delete stitches
* Add or remove color changes and thread trims
* Change the embroidery sequence of a design, using sequence manager
* Auto-fit a design to the size of the hoop
We support the following ways to output designs:
* To Dropbox®
* To WebDAV account (AirStash® device or any web hosting plan that supports such protocol)
* To FTP account (TP-LINK® Router with USB host, iUSBport®, Gigastone WPD®, or connect to a web ftp account or to local ftp account)
* By email
* To AirPrint compatible printers
* Post to Facebook
* As an image to any other App (like Twitter, Pinterest, Camera roll etc.)
Improve stability of iCloud and Dropbox connectivity.
Ratings and Reviews
Please update this app, Janome!
This app has so much potential as an easy way to save, view, and adjust embroidery for beginners in the machine embroidery world. Unfortunately it comes filled with useless garbage embroidery designs which take up tons of space, can't seem to be deleted, and make it inefficient to scroll and search through designs. The price of this app and the quality of my Janome skyline made me assume that it would be a much more professional app. A better system to view thumbnails and store in folders would make a huge difference. I am astounded that they have made no effort to improve this expensive app.
Embroidery Editing for my iPad!
Love being able to edit my embroidery designs when I travel.
I am really enjoying the cute new designs and the software works perfectly with my other designs stored in my Dropbox folders.
Lettering has fun fonts and is easy to use.
Still needs work
They won't fix the bugs!
We were told the full version would be released which still has not happened, of the 500 designs about a 1/4 are useless as there is no lettering capabilities who wants to embroider logos and weird random words, There is no way to delete the preloaded designs so you have to weed through them forever. Still has buggy tendencies to crash. Still hopeful...that they will finish this app it has so much potential just not there.
- Janome America, Inc.
- 119.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Greek
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-15 DRAWstitch International Ltd. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Lettering module package $49.99
- Expression of Texture $59.99
- Floral Fun $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.