Reflecting Ancient Texts in New Ways
1. ADARSHAH is an app that lets you read and conduct searches of ancient documents in a digital format. There are three main categories of texts: (a) Kangyur (the words of the Buddha translated into Tibetan); (b) Tengyur (commentaries by Indian scholars translated into Tibetan); and (c) Tibetan Buddhist texts.
2. The software features a fast search engine and simple user interface that meets the needs and habits of the common user in searching and reading material. And there are summaries of the texts for the convenience of the academic community.
3. His Holiness the 17th Karmapa, Ogyen Trinley Dorje, named the software ADARSHAH (Sanskrit), which means “clear mirror,” with the hope that users will be able to clearly see their own minds reflected in the texts as if they were looking at a clear reflection in a mirror.
1. Search: ADARSHAH allows fast searches of all texts as well as by title or other cataloging information, and allows filtering of results. Readers can also view texts according to the catalog, organized by pitaka and title of the text.
2. View texts: The reading display presents a simple view of the text with the ability to adjust text size and spacing as well as to view it in Wylie.
3. Bookmark and Note: Enables users to create bookmarks, browse and edit notes.
4. Bookcase: Enables users to store texts in one location to read at their convenience.
Published under the editorial guidance of
the 17th Gyalwang Karmapa, Ogyen Trinley Dorje
Tsurphu Labrang, Office of H.H. the Karmapa
Dharma Treasure Corp.
Copyright (C) 2016
1. Dege Tengyur, volumes 170 to 193 are added.
2. Works of Tāranātha, 2 volumes are added.
3. Texts of the Bön Tradition, 2 volumes are added.
4. Catalogue of Dege Tengyur in mutiple languages.
5. Optimize note and bookmark features.
6. Implement Tibetan interface of edit menu.
Ratings and Reviews
Wow. What a great blessing for all beings.
Please add Bookmark
Wow! I agree, the most amazing app!! Could you please add a way to highlight and bookmark pages? Maybe in a much later update a way to add notes to a highlighted word?
First time got this app. Wonderful job and wishing many people can read easily through this app.
- The Dharma Treasure Corporation
- 39.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Simplified Chinese, Tibetan, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The Dharma Treasure Corp.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.