Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The original AdBlock for iOS 8, iOS 9 and iOS 10 (32-bit and 64-bit). We've been blocking ads on iPhones and iPads since 2012.
AdBlock allows you to block ads on your iOS device. It works with every app, not just Safari. Get rid of 99% of annoying popups, banners and video ads in all of your apps, including games and entertainment apps. Protect your privacy, limit bandwidth use, speed up your device and improve your iOS experience.
The most important advantages of AdBlock for iOS are:
• AdBlock works with Wi-Fi and cellular networks. You don't need to set it up separately for every network you use.
• AdBlock works on any iOS 8, 9 and 10 device, even if it's not 64-bit. Take advantage of ad blocking even on older iPhone and iPad.
• AdBlock works seamlessly with other iOS apps displaying ads served over the Internet. Forget about ads in games, utilities and on websites.
• AdBlock allows you to create your own list of blocked domains and synchronize your filters between all your devices using iCloud.
• AdBlock allows you to protect your privacy by blocking mobile trackers. Prevent Internet trackers from recording of your web and in-app activity.
• AdBlock does not send your Internet traffic through proxy or VPN server. All of your connections stay direct, fast and secure. Ads are blocked on your device.
• Setting up AdBlock for iOS is very simple! Just download the app, enable the "magic switch" and tap the "Install" button. It takes less than 20 seconds to complete.
• AdBlock automatically updates to the latest version of the filters on every app run. We keep the ad servers database up-to-date.
• AdBlock works with Safari and 99% of other apps (including other browsers like Chrome). Benefit from ad blocking in your favourite Internet browser on iOS.
• AdBlock comes with a very handy widget to quickly enable or disable ad blocking on your device.
• AdBlock is not compatible with Personal VPN connections. You can't use AdBlock simultaneously with Personal VPN.
• Blocking ads may not work on networks where DNS traffic is intercepted by the ISP (DNS hijacking). Please refer to https://www.adblockios.com/faq/ for more information.
-=[ iOS 9.3 bug ]=-
Due to a confirmed bug in iOS 9.3 - 9.3.5, AdBlock can cause some websites to freeze when loading. Apple fixed the bug in iOS 10. Please update to iOS 10 to resolve this problem. Unfortunately this cannot be fixed with an app update (it's a bug in iOS, not in AdBlock app).
What's New in Version 2.8.2
Fixed a bug with widget randomly disabling AdBlock
Fixed a problem with with AdBlock being disabled on first run/profile installation
Other fixes and improvements
Solid B, could be an A w/a few changes
So Ad Block gets a solid B given that it's one of the few apps having the ability to safely block annoying device-wide, and not just the browser. It also works on both wifi and cellular networks.
In my estimated I'd say 90%+ of ads are filtered simply by using the default global filters provided by the devs. I've supplemented those with several of my own because iCab Mobile has the ability to display sites not being blocked and by process of elimination I can usually figure it out.
That being said, the most glaring shortcoming is the inability for users' to include wildcards in filters, which makes the app useless on sites that increasingly use random digits before/after a keyword (i.e. 123advertise$) which make wildcards a must so (*advertise*) can be used as a valid block. This will also have the effect of reducing the massive list required to block by domain and prefix.
The developer have an alternate app that has wildcard functionality but it doesn't operate on cellular service. It also has redirect capabilities and more, but IIRC the developers host each users block file via custom URL. My knowledge of networking is limited but my apprehension is based on whether this added functionality could pose a potential security risk.
App disables itself on its own
UPDATE 2: Their own support team blamed the toggle switching by itself as an issue only I am experiencing on my device. They recently pushed an update that remedied the issue confirming that the problem was on their side and not my device in specific. After countless back and forth emails, they still deny the problem was with the app and that it needed fixing. Horrible customer support. Moving forward I hope this company invests more into their customer base of people who have purchased this app rather than turning a blind eye to them when they experience issues.
UPDATE: I have tried contacting their support via email multiple times. I received a canned automated reply after two days. I have replied three times since then and they have not said a word to me for over a month now. What a horrible customer service for an app that barely works! I would never recommend this app to my friends or family anymore. I'm letting everyone know who has this same issue as me to contact the developer for a refund for false advertising.
When it's enabled and working, it works great. The issue here is that 5-6 times a day it automatically disables itself and then ads start popping up all over. I have to manually go into the app each time to re-enable it. Please fix this auto-disabling problem that is plaguing the majority of your users.
Works but not everywhere
The app works on a lot of apps and does have some good coverage. However it doesn't seem to work AT ALL on any TuTuRegular apps. Not really an issue for me since I have VIP, however I know many free users will be annoyed by this fact. On top of that, many ++ apps don't seem to have their ads blocked when downloaded from certain sources. The ++ apps from TuTu and PandaHelper don't have their ads blocked, however ones from ipasigner do.
This is mostly likely just a case of an outdated domain list, which can be easily fixed in a future update or manually finding and entering the domain.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 18, 2017
- Version: 2.8.2
- Size: 19.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Future Mind, Sp. z o.o.
- © 2014-2017 eLOT Sp. z o. o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.