Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The original AdBlock for iOS. We've been blocking ads on iPhones and iPads since 2012 - we know our game :)
AdBlock allows you to block ads on your iOS device. It works with every app, not just Safari. Get rid of 99% of annoying popups, banners and video ads in all of your apps, including games and entertainment apps. Protect your privacy, limit bandwidth use, speed up your device and improve your iOS experience.
The most important advantages of AdBlock for iOS are:
• AdBlock works with Wi-Fi and cellular networks. You don't need to set it up separately for every network you use.
• AdBlock works seamlessly with other iOS apps displaying ads served over the Internet. Forget about ads in games, utilities and on websites.
• AdBlock allows you to create your own list of blocked domains and synchronize your filters between all your devices using iCloud.
• AdBlock allows you to protect your privacy by blocking mobile trackers. Prevent Internet trackers from recording of your web and in-app activity.
• AdBlock does not send your Internet traffic through proxy or VPN server. All of your connections stay direct, fast and secure. Ads are blocked on your device.
• Setting up AdBlock for iOS is very simple! Just download the app, toggle the "magic switch" and tap the "Install" button. It takes less than 15 seconds to complete the installation and forget about ads.
• AdBlock automatically updates to the latest version of the filters on every app run. We keep the ad servers database up-to-date for you.
• AdBlock works with Safari and 99% of other apps (including other browsers like Chrome). Benefit from ad blocking in your favourite Internet browser on iOS.
• AdBlock comes with a very handy widget to quickly enable or disable ad blocking on your device.
What's New in Version 3.0.0
Changes in v3.0.0:
- new and faster ad blocking method used, everything happens right on your device
- removed possible network issues ("yellow status") caused by some network ISP and carriers (DNS hijacking)
- added a switch to display a VPN icon when ad blocking is enabled (still, there is no VPN server on the other side - everything stays direct and secure)
- compatibility with major personal VPN service providers
Recent Update Has Been Hit or Miss.
This new 3.0.0 has my Adblock all messed up. First, it kept popping up the message to set up the vpn after I tap set up. It did this about three times then it finally stopped. Then, the Adblock has really been hit or miss. When I first used it after the update, it blocked nothing. After a bit it did it's thing. The next day I open my app and the ad is there. I close out of the app and go back in to see that it is blocked now. Bug fix update definitely needed. I used to love this. Please don't ruin it by not fixing these problems. I will still try to work out these issues, but I might have to find a new one if the problems persist.
The best mobile ad blocker I've found.
Summary: If you prefer using browsers other than Safari (e.g. Chrome or Firefox) then this is worth the cost. Buy it now. Seriously.
Other thoughts: Even if you do use Safari, most other ad blockers only stop the ads from being displayed. This product is different in that it sends the ad traffic to a dead-end VPN. Why does that matter? It saves the data that the ads take up, and it helps keep your traffic a bit more hidden from the scummy advertiser groups.
This App's solution is fantastic and fairly unique on the mobile scene. It's simple to enable/disable, and it provides a night and day difference in mobile browsing.
I recommend this app to all of my friends and family. It's a "must-have" in my opinion!
I think the on demand setup is/was better than this update. I've been getting ads like crazy also. Doesn't seem to work well anymore. I even deleted and reinstalled app to see if it would help but nothing. Still getting a lot of ads through apps. Please fix...
Now I've notice that AdBlock disables itself on its own as well. It's happened about 6-7 times in the past week or so. I'll enable it then go to an app and notice ads so I go to check AdBlock and as soon as I open it it's Green as enabled but then it's switched to Orange as disabled within seconds of opening app.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 05, 2017
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 20.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Future Mind, Sp. z o.o.
- © 2014-2017 eLOT Sp. z o. o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.