The original AdBlock - the last ad blocker you'll ever need. We've been blocking ads on iPhones and iPads since 2012 - we know our game :)
AdBlock allows you to block ads on your iOS device. Get rid of 99% of annoying popups, banners and video ads. Protect your privacy, limit bandwidth use, speed up your device, save battery and drastically improve your day-to-day iOS experience.
The most important advantages of AdBlock are:
• AdBlock works with Wi-Fi and cellular networks. You don't need to set it up separately for every network you use.
• AdBlock has a local DNS proxy service built in. Use it to see which domains you're device is contacting. Create your own rules and assign any IP address to any domain right on your device.
• AdBlock has enhanced DNS proxy rules export and import function. Share DNS proxy rules with other users, easily import rules found on the Internet.
• AdBlock allows you to create your own list of domains and synchronise your rules between all your devices using iCloud.
• AdBlock allows you to protect your privacy by blocking mobile trackers. Prevent Internet trackers from recording of your activity.
• AdBlock does not send your Internet traffic through any remote server. All of your connections stay direct, fast and secure. Ads are blocked on your device.
• Setting up AdBlock is very simple! Just download the app, and follow the tutorial to set everything up.
• AdBlock automatically updates to the latest version of the filters on every app run. We keep the ad servers database up-to-date for you.
• AdBlock comes with a very handy widget to quickly enable or disable DNS proxy on your device.
Looking for support? Contact our dedicated support line at firstname.lastname@example.org
In this release we've improved DNS proxy rules import and export. You can now easily share your rules by long pressing on the IP or any group assigned to it. When exporting an IP or group, the export format will now include information about contained domains and how they are organised into groups. Now you can also import rules from hosts files, coma and new-line separated lists and our own format (.adblock file extension). You can import DNS rules into AdBlock from URL or directly from other apps like Files or Dropbox. We've also improved the Safari Content Blocker with better rule handling and duplicate rule detection.
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t hesitate to buy this
I usually don’t write reviews for apps because I’m generally not too impressed by most of them. In this case, however, I had to write a review.
I started using this app almost a year ago and was very happy with it as it worked to block ads 95% of the time in my games, apps, sites, etc. Recently, Apple decided for some stupid reason that AdBlock wasn’t allowed to block ads in the way they had been doing after it had been on the store for probably a year or more. Why Apple did that is just plain idiotic after so many people paid for this app and the developer depends upon Apple not destroying their app.
I figured this meant AdBlock would cease to function at all and I’d be back to ad-Armageddon on my phone. I’m glad I was wrong! This new DNS based ad blocking is phenomenal and in my experience it is now blocking all ads in every app I’ve tried so far, I don’t believe I’ve seen a single ad yet. The user interface is extremely well polished and the options are very flexible. The built in DNS logging inside AdBlock also allows you to manually block an ad if it’s not caught by the preset filters.
All of this is to say, buy this app. I no longer have to sit through ridiculous 30 second long video ads in apps or have fraudulent pop ups show up saying my iPhone has a virus. The state of ads on iOS is atrocious and they seriously degrade the user experience. Thank you AdBlock for solving this!
Used to be my favorite app...
Before they changed the way the app worked (I think they had to do so because of an iOS update), this was hands down a 5-star app that I absolutely loved, I had forgotten the existence of advertisements. Now I forget that I had AdBlock because of the constant issues, I need to reset my connection, disable and reenable AdBlock and restart the app I want to block the ads of in between each one of those steps to have it work, until I have suboptimal internet connection for a split second, because then it’s all over again. This app made me in love with itself when I first got it, and now makes me reboot my days away. This is such a great app that has turned very inefficient, I hope it redeems its qualities.
This app is great but sometimes you have to manually find ad domains
Most of the time, the ad domains are already blocked, but a few apps have domains that aren’t blocked and ads can slip through. I had to manually find the ad domains and separate them from regular domains. Some domains let the app run, so if I block that, I screw up the app. I manage to find all the ad domains and separate from regular domains. If it wasn’t for the new domain detector, I wouldn’t be able to find all the ad domains, because those ad domains didn’t came up on the last version but did now. This app needs to be kept up to date for the domains so I wouldn’t have to look them up manually.
- Future Mind, Sp. z o.o.
- 18.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2017 eLOT Sp. z o. o.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.