Adding Tape Printing Calculator with virtual tape
By Joe Fratianni
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tired of adding numbers twice just to be sure you are correct? Problem solved.
Adding Tape is an adding machine with a virtual "tape."
Note: Adding Tape is modeled after an adding machine, not a calculator. The behavior of each is different.
Proud to be featured: "What's Hot"
Add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers up to five decimal places, keeps a running total and a virtual "tape."
- Virtual tape visible & scrollable while adding
- Undo an unlimited number of times
- Edit mode allows you to delete individual rows
- Remembers tape between launches
- selecting rows in edit mode adds virtual checkmarks to aid in checking your work
- Touch an number in your tape to copy
- Key sound or mute option
- Six different button sounds to select
- Email tape (option to format as plain text or HTML)
- Save multiple tapes
- Printing support (iOS 4.2 Multitasking required)
* Customize *
- Optional decimal behavior: stays in fixed location as you enter numbers or traditional hit decimal key
- Alternate large Zero key or small '0' and '00' keys
- Option: add line numbers to tape
- Option: set number of Clear Entry touches before tape is cleared
What's New in Version 4.32
- Fixed bug where accessing saved tapes caused a crash
I've used 10-key adding machines for about forty years. For simple adding and subtraction, I work by touch. That's not really possible with this app because the "keys" are too small.
Please consider using larger keys. Switch to the current size when the screen space is needed for other things, like editing the tape. Seriously, why waste the space? Remember, some of us paid about $12 per square inch for our iPads.
Otherwise, this app is perfect. I especially appreciate that it uses adding machine syntax. By that I mean the plus and minus operand is entered *after* the number. For accountants and bookkeepers, this is important.
The editable "tape" seems well thought out. I haven't used it yet, but it appears to be something I'll fall in love with.
Lots of useful options...the key sounds are varied and sufficient. Decimal options mimic the real thing.
Bottom line, if you are accustomed to office style adding machines, you'll appreciate this app. Worth it's price and then some
If you need a calculator with tape, with memory and the ability to edit and save tapes, search no further. Of course it does all the calculator functions beautifully, but with the added features I'm able to do accounting without fear of the errant entry! Well done and well worth more.
I've tried out several calculator apps and I have to say this is the easiest one to use I've tried. If you want a simple no nonsense adding machine, you can't go wrong with this app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 17, 2012
- Version: 4.32
- Size: 4.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Joe Fratianni
- © 2010 - 2014 Joe Fratianni
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.