By Linda Rockwood
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Get all the info you need for hiking, biking, paddling, camping and fishing in NY’s breathtaking Adirondack Park, without reception! (requires wi-fi to download)
The app comes loaded with hundreds of suggested hikes, road and mountain bike rides, paddling waterways and suggested fishing spots, with plenty of places to camp, grab a bite to eat, rent some equipment, experience some culture or luxuriate at more comfortable accommodations. Try our new tracking feature – we’ll capture your hike, ride or paddling route, along with times, distance and peak elevation. Export your saved route to your PC and view on Google Earth or share with your friends.
Or try our new High Peaks search. Just tap the peaks icon, then display peaks by name or elevation. Tap the desired peak and view on the map.
In addition to the majority of 46er high peaks, we've also included over 1,800 miles of NY DEC trails and several herd paths in the high peaks region. Hiking trails range from easy to challenging, biking ranges from scenic road biking loops to more challenging mountain bike trails. A variety of still and whitewater experiences await you. Looking for an outdoor concert, farmers market or fun family activity? Check out our new Events display feature.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, you don’t need reception to access and use it. Tap a trail pin to view the included PDF docs with trailhead info, length, difficulty level, elevation profile and description of the experience or where to access each waterway and if carries are required. You can even view the accompanying maps in Street, Satellite and Topographical View. Enable GPS on your phone and check your location relative to the trail or where you want to be for lunch.
Here’s a summary of the features you get in the Adirondack Trails app:
* Attractive, easy-to-use interface
* Display map data based on your personal recreation interests (hiking, herd paths, road biking, mountain biking including the Black Fly Challenge, Paddling, Fishing, Parking/Trailheads, Waterfalls)
* Includes detailed PDF documents with everything you need to know
* High Peaks search by name or elevation
* Includes information about local businesses, attractions and events
* Does not require a connection once downloaded
* With reception, can sync with website to get latest data or display the weather
* Optional current GPS location display
* Breadcrumb track your adventure or mark waypoints to remember a favorite spot
* Includes comprehensive information for 96 hiking trails, 65 biking trails and 30 paddling waterways (still and white)
* Shows locations and names for 1,396 DEC campgrounds, primitive campsites and lean-tos in the Adk Park
* Over 1,800 miles of additional NY DEC trails
* App is a no-reception-needed mobile version of ADKTrailmap.com
REMEMBER: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Please be prepared.
Download Adirondack Trails right now, so you can plan your next adventure, from start to finish, before you even leave home!
Disclaimer: Please note that the trails and waterways in this app have come from both the NYS DEC and from the towns in the Adirondack region. The majority of these trails have not been GPSed and are only representations of the exact locations. Do not precisely navigate by following these trail and waterway representations. MVGIS cannot guarantee the accuracy of the trail and waterway locations nor can MVGIS assume responsibility for the condition of the trails and waterways depicted in the app. Please use caution and common sense at all times when hiking, biking and paddling.
What's New in Version 4.0.4
Removed redraw notifications when moving around the map.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 07, 2017
- Version: 4.0.4
- Size: 297 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Linda Rockwood
- © 2016 Mohawk Valley GIS
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.