adnotatus - quick and beautiful notes
By Paulo Freitas
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MORE THAN 85,000 DOWNLOADS!!
Take quick and beautiful notes:
-organize your notes in projects;
-more than 100 covers for your projects folder;
-take text notes with some nice features (new keyboard helper, bullets for easy text entry);
-take audio notes even with the app in background mode;
-take draw notes over white paper, over maps, over internet pages, over camera photos and over album photos;
-clean, easy and beautiful design;
-easy to use even for children;
-realistic color pencils, highlight markers, wax crayons, dry markers and paint brushes;
-multiple ways to export and share your draws, audio and text notes;
What's New in Version 1.2
-Minor bug fixed.
A few suggestions...
A very solid app indeed. The extra keyboard row is brilliantly designed and makes typing notes miles easier. Attractive and neat UI. Also, the app supports various note types, from text notes to sketches, maps and pie charts, so now I can keep all my notes in a single app.
I have a few suggestions as to how this app can become even better:
1. There is no way to move notes between folders. It makes organizing very difficult.
2. Notes take quite a long time to load. This may be a setback for students like myself, who need to take notes quickly.
3. Please add word and character count for text notes.
4. The undo/redo feature is lacking, especially in drawing notes.
5. It would be great if there was a quicker way to choose folder skins, instead of browsing through 100+ skins one by one.
6. The app mistakes multi-tasking gestures for zooming, and changes the font size of text notes every time I try to pinch to home screen.
7. There is no portrait mode. I prefer writing my text notes in horizontal mode, but reading them in portrait view, so please consider adding portrait mode.
8. The included drawing tools are great, but it would be better if users were able to choose custom colors other than the preset ones.
9. Could you add more graphing tools - line graphs and bar charts for example - in addition to the already splendid pie chart tool?
10. Please consider adding sub-folders. Sometimes folders aren't enough.
Great App. But I have some suggestions...
This is a wonderful app. I use it to take notes in my college courses. There are 3 things I would love to see fixed/added to this app.
1.) When using a bluetooth keyboard, your writing space is still limited to the top of the screen as if the on screen key board is still on. This makes it difficult to switch between reviewing notes and typing.
2.)It would be cool if, for example, you could triple tap the screen in your notes and the app would insert a custom table (Columns and rows) to insert data with your notes.
3.) A "Find" feature would be extremely helpful. I take a lot of notes and if the professor says to review a specific section, I have to scroll through and find the section. It would be helpful if I could type in a key word, and the app would bring me to that part of my notes.
To those of you considering to get this app, I highly recommend it. It is a great app and has been a huge help to me.
Nice, but lacks crucial feature
None of the note types, except for the text note, have an undo / redo button, which means that you have to use the eraser to get rid of drawn annotations. That's really painful and unnecessary, since implementing the undo function isn't hard. Maybe I missed that feature somehow, but I doubt it. Otherwise, a nice-looking app with some extras that others don't have. I could see myself using this more often. Not sure I care for the hand-drawn symbols or faux spiral notebook, but they are not so bad that it would be a distraction. There's definitely some potential with this app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 28, 2012
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 40.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Paulo Freitas
- © 2012 Paulo Freitas
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.