Adobe Acrobat Reader is the free, trusted leader for reliably viewing, annotating, and signing PDFs.
• Quickly open PDF documents from email, the web, or any app that supports “Open In…”
• Search, scroll, and zoom in and out.
• Choose Single Page or Continuous scroll mode.
ANNOTATE AND REVIEW PDFs
• Make comments on PDFs using sticky notes and drawing tools.
• Highlight and mark up text with annotation tools.
• Use Apple Pencil with iPad Pro for even greater precision.
WORK WITH SCANNED DOCUMENTS.
• Easily access scanned PDFs that you’ve captured using the free Adobe Scan app.
• Open your scans in Adobe Acrobat Reader to sign, review, and share.
• Add comments to your document in Acrobat Reader and they will sync back to Adobe Scan.
FILL AND SIGN FORMS
• Quickly fill out PDF forms by typing text into fields.
• Use your finger or Apple Pencil to e-sign any PDF document.
STORE AND SHARE FILES
• Sign in to your free Adobe Document Cloud account.
• Connect to other document storage providers like Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Box, Microsoft OneDrive, and Google Drive.
Convert, edit, and organize PDFs on the go by subscribing to one of Adobe’s online services. You can get started without ever leaving your app, and subscriptions work across all your computers and devices.
EDIT AND ORGANIZE PDF FILES
• Subscribe to Acrobat Pro DC using In-App Purchase.
• Edit text in PDF files on your iPad.
• Organize pages: Reorder, rotate, and delete them in your PDFs.
CREATE PDF FILES
• Subscribe to Adobe PDF Pack using In-App Purchase.
• Create PDF files.
• Convert Microsoft Office files and camera photos to PDF.
EXPORT PDF FILES TO WORD OR EXCEL
• Subscribe to Adobe Export PDF using In-App Purchase.
• Save PDF documents as editable Microsoft Word or Excel files.
IN-APP PURCHASE DETAILS
• An Acrobat Pro DC subscription is US$24.99/month (includes Acrobat Pro DC software plus PDF Pack).
• A PDF Pack subscription is US$9.99/month (includes Export PDF).
• An Export PDF subscription is US$23.99/year.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
ALREADY A SUBSCRIBER?
If you have a subscription to Acrobat Pro, Acrobat Standard, PDF Pack or Export PDF, just sign in to convert, edit, and sign PDFs on the go.
Have feedback? Contact us at https://www.adobe.com/go/acrobatiosfeedback
Ratings and Reviews
Overall good but need a few improvements
The app itself is good for iPad user but still need a few major improvements. I am a student and I frequently use it to mark up my PDF using Apple Pencil. The app doesn’t have palm rejection that is seen in OneNote, which is definitely a bummer. Also, what what really makes a difference b/w a good and a great app for student is being able to scroll with finger and write/highlight with Apple Pencil. I find myself being slowed down my task whenever I want to switch b/w scroll and write/highlight. OneNote somehow has this feature figured out. Lastly, whenever you try to add a text in your PDF, we can’t type directly onto the PDF since we are brought to another window. It will be way more convenient if we can do that. Thank you again! Keep working at it :)
Edits to PDF on Box do not save (Fixed with Restart)
Edits made to PDF on Box used to save back to Box when file is closed. But now they are not. This appears to be specifically happening on iPad.
Restarting the iPad appears to have resolved the issue. This should be communicated during app updates. Normally, a restart is not required. Many of my colleagues are having this same issue, so the fact that a restart is required in order to regain full functionality is maybe something you can include in your app update notes. I think many of us take for granted the fact that we use devices every day that do not have be booted up or restarted. So if a restart must be performed, it would help to be notified of this.
Hi and thank you for the feedback. Saving changes to a third-party cloud is a complicated dance between Acrobat, the operating system, and the third-party (in your case, Box). All three play a critical role in making this work. We have not made any recent changes to Acrobat in this area (third-party cloud integration), but we sometimes find that when there are iOS or third-party App updates, those changes sometimes cause issues like you describe. We have tried to reproduce this locally and have not seen it (yet), though we cannot say for sure that the problem is not ours so we'll keep testing it. Box did release several updates between June and August, so it is also possible that they had a bug and fixed it. I am very sorry for your lost time and work and really appreciate that you took the time to connect with us!
Useful but lacking
I use this a lot to mark up PDFs but there a few UI improvements needed. Needs an erase tool to remove free hand marks, needs a setting to only recognize Apple Pencil to avoid stray marks, needs the ability to choose thickness and color before starting to draw (this is available on my Note 8 but not iPad version). Saving back to google drive should be as easy as saving back to Dropbox. I think there needs to be a Pro version and Reader version just like on desktops. There is no reason why the iPad Pro can’t handle a pro version.
Update: since updating to latest version I’ve been receiving a message that my document is read only whenever I try to comment on it. If I close and reopen everything is fine for a few minutes. Reduced 1 star because of this.
- Adobe Systems, Inc.
- 146 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 1993-2018 Adobe Systems Incorporated and its licensors
- In-App Purchases
- Adobe PDF Pack $9.99
- Adobe ExportPDF $23.99
- Adobe Acrobat Pro $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.