Adobe Kuler – Create and share color themes
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Adobe Kuler is a fun and simple way to capture inspiring color combinations wherever you see them.
Simply point the iPhone camera at something colorful and Kuler will instantly extract a series of colors.
You can share your themes with friends through Twitter or email. And Adobe Creative Cloud members will find their Kuler themes instantly available in the Kuler panel in Adobe Illustrator CC or Adobe Ideas.
You can also sync your color themes to the Kuler website where you can download the swatches for use in other Adobe products.
Capture and create color themes anywhere:
• Extract color themes from the world around you using your iPhone camera
• Extract color themes from images in your own photo stream or Flickr
Experiment and play with color:
• Choose and adjust your color themes with the color wheel
• Edit your colors using RGB color sliders
• Five pre-set color moods in camera mode, such as colorful and muted, make it easy to create great themes right off the bat
• Eight pre-set color themes in the color wheel, such as monochromatic and complementary.
• Set the base color to quickly identify other colors that will work well with together.
Save, sync and share your color themes for integration with your work:
• Name and tag themes
• Save themes
• Share themes via email or twitter
• Sync your color themes with an Adobe Creative Cloud account, so they can be used with other Adobe applications such as Illustrator
What's New in Version 1.1
Bug fixes and support for iOS7.
Off to a Decent Start.
I am very glad that Adobe finally decided to make a kuler app! However, this app is, at best, very basic. A much needed feature is the ability to browse and search through existing kuler themes (which is, after all, the main reason most people use adobe kuler). Additionally, there needs to be a way to create a theme from a photo already on your camera roll. Also, making this app iPad friendly would go a long way in pleasing your customers. Please include these needed improvements in an update soon!
Just remembered this color scheme while browsing and discovered there's an app and think its terrific. You can take a picture and the app will generate a palette with ability to reconfigure based on moods and stuff. Quite brilliant especially as I'm trying to reprint my house and finding that colors on paper are not quite the same on my wall!!
Great app for those schemers
But I already do this with the creative process using the Ps and the tools in that are much more accurate for my purposes. Still handy to have on the phone for that occasion when I need some fresh ideas for color schemes and I don't have my computer nearby. Be wary of color reproducing in the wrong modes. Know that not all color models are created equal.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 18, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 9.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Adobe Systems, Inc.
- Copyright © 2013 Adobe Systems Incorporated and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.