Adobe Lightroom for iPad
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Powered by the magic of Adobe Photoshop technology, Lightroom for mobile enables you to craft and share professional-quality images from your smartphone or tablet. The raw HDR capability provides you the best all-in-one photo app by delivering superior image capture, processing, and quality with the greatest amount of editing flexibility and control.
The tools you need to tell your story.
• Create stunning images in seconds with tools that range from simple one-tap presets to powerful advanced adjustments and corrections.
• Capture photos using the DNG file format using the in-app camera, streamlining shoot to share. Apply Photoshop magic with five specially formulated shoot-through presets, which can be previewed and applied at capture and then adjusted afterward with full non-destructive capabilities.*
• Import, edit and sync the raw photos you take with your camera. (Paid Feature)
• Local Adjustments lets you selectively apply Exposure, Brightness, Clarity, and other adjustments to a specific part of a photo. (Paid Feature)
• Experiment freely with edits, and revert to the original at any time, with just one tap.
• Simplify editing photographs and get consistent looks in your photos by copying your favorite edits across photos.
• Share photos any way you want: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and more. Join the community by using #lightroom.
Become a Creative Cloud member or start a free Creative Cloud trial and get everything you need to make beautiful photos including:
• Access to Paid Features in Lightroom for Mobile:
o Import, Edit and sync raw photos from your camera
o Local Adjustments
• Lightroom CC for your computer - All the editing tools found in Lightroom Mobile plus additional tools that give you precise control over the color and tone of your photos with selective local adjustments, and more.
• Sync your photos across Lightroom on all your devices
• Photoshop CC for your computer - The world’s best tool for combining multiple images, removing objects, and retouching your photos.
• Access all your Lightroom photos in Photoshop Mix, Photoshop Fix, Spark Video, Spark Page and Premiere Clip, thanks to Adobe CreativeSync technology.
*Shoot-through presets work on iPhone 5, 5c, 5s and later as well as iPad 2, 3, and 4, iPad Air and later devices. To use the DNG format and capture HDR images you need to have iOS 10 and a device that has a 12MP camera (iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, iPad Pro 9.7).
What's New in Version 2.8.2
• Speed rating is back! We've added a new Rate and Review space where you can use swipe gesture to quickly rate and review your images.
• Fixed a bug that caused the app to crash for some users
• General stability improvements
Almost everything that I need for my real estate photography business to work in the field. All the tools that I am used to in the desktop version plus incredible speed on my iPad Pro. I can actually work faster than on my own computer. Raw files work great.
The only thing for me is the line straightening for 2 of the 3 axis' is missing in this version compared to the desktop. Everything else is great in my opinion. That being said, anyone doing architectural or buildings professionally NEEDS this feature.
I hope us in this field will be important enough for adobe to include in future versions.
Worth the subscription
If you deal with thousands of new photos in a month, capture RAW, and feel like you've outgrown Photos, Lightroom is your next step.
Syncing with Adobe Cloud works fairly well. My Mac has a lot of photos on an external drive (Photos doesn't know how to do this well). However, all those pics are accessible on my Mac when the drive is unplugged, as well as my iPad and iPhone.
The only downside is the apps don't feel 100% native. When you swipe from photo to photo, the easing feels a bit Android-like. Photos has smooth-as-butter easing. Minor annoyance. It would be nice to directly import SD card pics into Lightroom on iPad without first using Photos.
Great features but UI needs work
Inch by inch Adobe has added features to Lightroom mobile and it's finally a real tool. The latest UI changes are clunky and steal too much screen real estate but I'm loving the additional editing tools. I'd like to see you add keywords and a place to add notes for each image (I'd love to be able to add notes in the desktop version too). And as always my workflow makes me wish for the ability to sync from multiple catalogs on my laptop to Lightroom on my iPad and/or support multiple catalogs.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Aug 21, 2017
- Version: 2.8.2
- Size: 161 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Adobe Systems, Inc.
- © Adobe Systems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.