Adobe Photoshop Lightroom for iPad - Capture, Edit, Organize & Share Pictures
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bring beautiful images to light with Adobe Lightroom. Powered by the magic of Adobe Photoshop technology, Lightroom for mobile enables you to craft and share professional-quality images from your smartphone or tablet.
Winner of the 2015 Professional Photographer Hot One Awards in the Photo App category
The tools you need to tell your story.
• Create stunning images in seconds with tools that range from simple one-tap presets to powerful advanced adjustments.
• Import, edit and sync the raw photos you take with your camera. (Paid Feature)
• Local Adjustments lets you selectively apply Exposure, Brightness, Clarity, and other adjustments to a specific part of a photo. (Paid Feature)
• Experiment freely with edits, and revert to the original at any time, with just one tap.
• Capture amazing moments with the in-app Adobe camera, streamlining shoot to share. Apply Photoshop magic with five specially formulated shoot-through presets, which can be previewed and applied at capture and then adjusted afterward with full non-destructive capabilities.*
• Simplify your editing process and get consistent looks in your photos by copying your favorite edits across photos.
• Share photos any way you want: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and more. Join the community by using #lightroom.
Become a Creative Cloud member or start a free Creative Cloud trial and get everything you need to make beautiful photos including:
• Access to Paid Features in Lightroom for Mobile:
o Import, Edit and sync raw photos from your camera
o Local Adjustments
• Lightroom CC for your computer - All the editing tools found in Lightroom Mobile plus additional tools that give you precise control over the color and tone of your photos with selective local adjustments, and more.
• Sync your photos across Lightroom on all your devices
• Photoshop CC for your computer - The world’s best tool for combining multiple images, removing objects, and retouching your photos.
• Access all your Lightroom photos in Photoshop Mix, Photoshop Fix, Voice, Slate and Premiere Clip, thanks to Adobe CreativeSync technology.
*Shoot-through presets work on iPhone 5, 5c, 5s and later as well as iPad 2, 3, and 4, iPad Air and later devices.
What's New in Version 2.4.1
• Fixed a bug that caused the app to crash if you were using iOS 8.1
• Fixed a bug that caused a crash when you used the new Local Adjustment tool
2 incredible new features for Creative Cloud members:
• Raw support is here! With this Technology Preview you can import and edit the raw photos you take with your camera. You can also sync these photos and edits back to Lightroom CC on your computer. For a list of supported cameras, visit http://www.adobe.com/go/supported_cameras
• Local Adjustments lets you selectively apply Exposure, Brightness, Clarity, and other adjustments to a specific part of a photo.
New features for everyone:
• Support for keyboard shortcuts if you are using a physical keyboard.
• Add your copyright to photos when you import them.
• Support for latest Adobe Camera Raw version.
I have always found this to be a fantastic addition to the desktop product, but with the addition of RAW editing, it has become an application worth the $9.99 per month to me on its own. I shoot RAW for my landscape and studio work, of course, but had recently switched to shooting JPEG when taking pictures of the wife and kid, because it's such an arduous process to offload the card to the computer and cull/edit these snaps. With this, though, I'm back to shooting RAW for those pictures, and my whole workflow happens on the iPad!
I love that you can download the RAW files to this device, and they'll wirelessly sync to your desktop (to the designated folder you pick in the desktop software). Absolutely incredible functionality.
The radial/local adjustments they added are also very helpful. Just a few more tweaks (allowing the "brush" local adjustment tool) and I'll be able to move a huge amount of my workflow to this product/device.
I hope their photoshop products continue to follow this track of improvement. I'd love to see more robust functionality in the Photoshop Mix product.
Will not edit files until they upload to the cloud breaking functionality
The app has many features that would recommend it as a tool for mobile sorting and light touch up, particularly when traveling on vacation. Be warned though, it will not edit RAW files that you load locally until they upload to the cloud. If you have a low bandwidth connection, this means that nothing works, and the app is essentially broken.
Additionally, you are constantly required to re-authenticate to Adobe. Every time I use the app, I have to re-authenticate.
In the end, I'm not sure what the utility of this app supposedly is. It would be fantastic if I could use it to do light edits on images that stayed cached on my machine until such time as I was in an area with better bandwidth. But, that's not what it does. Instead, it just breaks in low bandwidth situations. Not fun.
I'm on a 20 day Europe trip, and for the first time ever I decided not to take my laptop. Since Lightroom now supports Raw files, I decided to go full "mobile" on this trip. I loaded my new iPad with Lightroom, as well as several of Adobes other apps (Fix, Mix...). What an absolute joy. I download all my images to the iPad daily, and can do quite a bit going back and forth between these great apps. I do a lot of blending (moderate HDR), and stitching of panos, which I can't get done in the Adobe mobile products....yet.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 21, 2016
- Version: 2.4.1
- Size: 75.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Adobe Systems, Inc.
- © Adobe Systems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.