Adobe® Nav for Photoshop®
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy a whole new way to interact with Photoshop CS5. Tap and swipe your iPad screen to transfer images instantly to Adobe Photoshop CS5, browse open documents in Photoshop CS5, and activate Photoshop CS5 tools.
With Adobe Nav — a companion app to Adobe Photoshop CS5 software (version 12.0.4 or later required) — you can now instantly transfer images from your iPad directly to Photoshop CS5 and use your iPad to browse and select open Photoshop documents and activate Photoshop tools. As long as you have a network connection between your iPad and your computer, you can take advantage of the two-way connection. Instantly share an image in your iPad photo library with Photoshop CS5. Browse, reorder, view, and zoom in on up to 200 open Photoshop documents on your iPad. Tap a document on your iPad to immediately make it active in Photoshop CS5. Use your iPad to easily share and review files you are working on in Photoshop CS5 while you’re away from your desk or computer. And customize the Photoshop CS5 toolbar on your iPad to easily access the tools you use most.
• Transfer images from your iPad directly into Photoshop CS5 for editing and retouching.
• Browse, reorder, view, and zoom in on up to 200 open Photoshop documents on your iPad screen.
• Tap any open document in Photoshop on your iPad to make it the active document in Photoshop CS5.
• Use your fingertips to select and activate Photoshop CS5 tools from your iPad screen.
• Customize the way the Photoshop CS5 toolbar appears on your iPad screen to make your most frequently used tools easily accessible. You can save one Adobe Nav toolbar configuration with up to 16 tools.
Extend the Photoshop CS5 experience to your iPad with Adobe Nav for Photoshop CS5.
• With Photoshop CS5 (version 12.0.4 or later) and Photoshop companion apps from Adobe and the developer community, take advantage of interaction between Photoshop and apps on your iPad.
• Make sure you have Photoshop CS5 version 12.0.4 or later so you can connect your apps with Photoshop CS5.
• If you don’t own Photoshop CS5, purchase it on its own or as part of Adobe Creative Suite® 5.5 software.
• Want to give feedback or send questions to the Photoshop team? Visit http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family.
NOTE, please read requirements:
• ***You need Photoshop CS5 version 12.0.4 or later to connect this app with the desktop version of Photoshop.***
• Your iPad and the computer running Photoshop CS5 must be on the same wireless network to connect with each other.
• This app will not work with Photoshop CS4 or earlier.
To update your copy of Photoshop CS5 to version 12.0.4 or later, do one of the following:
• Select Updates from the Help menu in Photoshop CS5.
• Download the update from www.adobe.com/downloads/updates.
Having issues connecting the apps to Photoshop? Visit http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family.
What's New in Version 1.1
* Create multiple sets of tools
* Add Photoshop actions to any toolset
What they HAVE is great...
For starters this is a well done app, it is customizable and it does bring some added function to photoshop.
I do feel however that the app missed some basic things that would really increase its functionality (maybe something we will see in an update). For instance: when selecting the brush you do NOT have the option to change brush size like on a cintiq or with the bracket keys, additionally you can't operate other dialog boxes like choosing a specific brush or navigator. This will not replace your shortcuts, but when it comes to your actions and having them available with a simple touch; it may make the purchase worth it for many PS users.
This app can definitely improve on itself but Adobe has done a great job adding key components from photoshop to the iPad.
First, please update your listings to show that it does indeed work with CS6! It works slick!
My only frustration is that you can customize the buttons how you like, but, you cannot customize the buttons to toggle between 2 features of the same button. Example being the Quick Selection Tool. If you select it and start using it, it only allows for the "add to selection" function, you cannot toggle quickly to the "subtract from selection" function and back and forth. I have to use my mouse to run up and toggle it back and forth. This app could make that so much easier! Being able to customize a layout and buttons to that level would make this a 5 star app. Until then, 3 stars!
Perfect companion for my Wacom Tablet
No longer do I need to use a keyboard. This allows me to have some more workspace on my desk. It is perfect with my Wacom Intuos tablet. However, it is almost pointless to have if you don't own a pressure sensitive tablet because you still end up needing to use the keyboard for things like brush size and undoing. Therefore, adding an iPad to your workspace only takes more room on your desk.
The app itself works great with Photoshop CS6, though. I recommend it if you have a tablet like the Wacom Intuos 4 or 5.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jan 04, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 2.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese
- Seller: Adobe Systems, Inc.
- ©Adobe Systems Incorporated 2011. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.