Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 Editor
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Works great with iPhoto when you are ready to go beyond the basics. Live in the moment knowing that Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 11 software makes it easy to turn your everyday snapshots into sensational photos. Enhance your photos with powerful, easy-to-use editing options and create personalized photo keepsakes.
This special edition includes all the editing** features available in the full version, and can be installed in your choice of the following languages: English, German, French and Japanese.
• Make unwanted photo elements vanish with one stroke of the enhanced Spot Healing Brush that fills in backgrounds beautifully, powered by the content-aware fill technology from Adobe Photoshop.
• Go from flawed to phenomenal in seconds—Use one-step shortcuts to whiten teeth; make skies bluer; or fix color, contrast, and lighting—and then choose the best result from a group of adjustment previews. Instantly remove clutter from photos, too.
• Easily create the perfect photo—Take advantage of amazing Photomerge technology to match the style of one photo to another; create fuller panoramas, perfectly lit shots, and great group shots; and combine elements of different faces for entertaining results.
• Count on step-by-step assistance—Want to fix a photo scratch, add a vignette effect, or create the perfect portrait? Use Guided Edits for help with key steps so you can get the results you want fast.
• Show off your creativity with flexible layouts—Make calendars, scrapbook pages, cards, and more in minutes
using professionally designed templates, or customize every aspect of your creations. Get fun, fresh looks with new artwork and templates.
More reasons why you’ll love this special edition:
• Layers-based image editing with enhanced support for layer masks and layer styles
• Transform images using powerful compositing and image extraction tools
• Over 50 tools for selecting cropping, painting, typing, retouching and adjusting
• Powerful, automated color correction tools with precise control over different image parameters
• Hundreds of filters with unlimited options
• Extensive 3rd party plug-in support
• Advanced text typography
• Adjust image size and resolution
• Prepare and export images for the web
• Create Picture Packages and Contact Sheets for fantastic print output
• And much, much more
** Please Note:
• This special edition Photo Editor does not include the Elements Organizer.
• Case Sensitive HFS Volumes are not supported with this version.
***For issues, contact Adobe at: http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements
Does the Job
I had quite a few pictures from my mom’s estate on CD-ROM's which were formatted as .pdd files (Photoshop Deluxe). I recently switched to MAC and when I tried to open them with all the programs available to me, I got a black box with the statement in seven different languages that Photoshop 3.0 was needed to open the file. I tried a couple of format converter programs that alleged they could open .pdd files with no success. Then I saw an article on the Web that said that Elements might solve my problem. Downloaded it from the Apple Store and five minutes later I had full access to all those old pictures, some of which were irreplaceable. I have had no problems with crashes or any of the other issues noted by other reviewers, but all I wanted was access to the pictures and the ability to reformat them as JPG’s or TIFF’s. After all my machinations with the converter programs, I am very happy to have found Elements. Wish I had found it earlier; could have saved a fair amount of money that I spent on the converter programs.
I found some really cool plug ins only to find out that I cannot use them for PSE that is downloaded from the mac app store.
I wished I wouldl have known more about all of this before hand. I went from using a windows laptop to a macbook so I used to use a different editing program which had all of the actions and plugins right in the program. When I switched to macbook, I decided to buy pse and thought that buyng it in the mac store would be best for compatability. Well, I wished I would not have. I should have purchased it from the adobe website because pse is not as limited as I first thought. You can buy so many sets, actions, tools, plugins separately but none of them are compatible if you buy the app from the macstore.
you are better off buyng it from the actual website. I feel like I wasted my money because I will need to remove this, then purchase form the actual adobe website. :-(
Believe these reviews!! Save yourself!!
I have never written a review before, but I felt compelled to because I am so angry about wasting $80.
I have used PS Elements for 10 years. I paid for v10 on my other mac (last year?), got a new laptop and suddenly can't download 10 and am forced to purchase 11, or not have elements.
I read the other bad reviews and thought, those people are looking for something different -- more like the big photoshop, not elements. I still waited, and just used 10 for a while, but finally relented.
I paid $80 for this???
It is the WORST. Not just because it looks different, but because it's horrible. It freezes up (I have a brand new macbook pro), half of the menus are gone, basically it just stinks.
WHAT HAPPENED, ADOBE??? Why???
At this point, I may take my disc of VERSION 2 from 2002 and use that, instead. This one is HORRIBLE.
DO NOT BUY!!!!