Adobe Photoshop Lightroom for iPhone
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bring beautiful images to light with Adobe Lightroom. Powered by the magic of Adobe Photoshop technology, Lightroom for mobile enables you to craft and share professional-quality images from your smartphone or tablet.
Winner of the 2015 Professional Photographer Hot One Awards in the Photo App category
The tools you need to tell your story.
• Create stunning images in seconds with tools that range from simple one-tap presets to powerful advanced adjustments.
• Capture photos using the DNG file format using the in-app camera, streamlining shoot to share. Apply Photoshop magic with five specially formulated shoot-through presets, which can be previewed and applied at capture and then adjusted afterward with full non-destructive capabilities. *
• Import, edit and sync the raw photos you take with your camera. (Paid Feature)
• Local Adjustments lets you selectively apply Exposure, Brightness, Clarity, and other adjustments to a specific part of a photo. (Paid Feature)
• Experiment freely with edits, and revert to the original at any time, with just one tap.
• Simplify your editing process and get consistent looks in your photos by copying your favorite edits across photos.
• Share photos any way you want: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and more. Join the community by using #lightroom.
Become a Creative Cloud member or start a free Creative Cloud trial and get everything you need to make beautiful photos including:
• Access to Paid Features in Lightroom for Mobile:
o Import, Edit and sync raw photos from your camera
o Local Adjustments
• Lightroom CC for your computer - All the editing tools found in Lightroom Mobile plus additional tools that give you precise control over the color and tone of your photos with selective local adjustments, and more.
• Sync your photos across Lightroom on all your devices
• Photoshop CC for your computer - The world’s best tool for combining multiple images, removing objects, and retouching your photos.
• Access all your Lightroom photos in Photoshop Mix, Photoshop Fix, Spark Video, Spark Page and Premiere Clip, thanks to Adobe CreativeSync technology.
*Shoot-through presets work on iPhone 5, 5c, 5s and later as well as iPad 2, 3, and 4, iPad Air and later devices. To use the DNG format you need to have iOS 10 and a device that has a 12MP camera.
What's New in Version 2.6.0
• Simplified interface with pro-level control
• Redesigned capture—your iPhone & Lightroom is now your DSLR camera
• Additional support for cameras, see the full list here: http://www.adobe.com/go/supported_cameras
• New Info section–easily add a title, caption and copyright to your images, right from your iPhone
• Bug fixes and speed improvements
I was very excited to have my RAW workflow app also become my RAW camera, but this update comes up way short. First, if you want this app to become a camera replacement, you need to get the launch time under 4 seconds (and that's on an iPhone 7)! Second, you need to provide a setting that allows the app to start up in camera mode. Every tap counts. also, it wouldn't hurt to provide a real force touch menu from the home screen. The widget you've provided has way tiny tap targets.
Second, I'm not sure why it was decided to make the menus more obscure and require more taps to make edits, but please reconsider. We already have a simplistic photo app built into the iPhone. We don't need that here. Most of us spend our time developing workflows in Lightroom, so we're used to seeing controls; you will not scare us away.
Really looking forward to using this app as a pro one day. Until then, this app should called Lightroom Lite.
Proportions strange on iPhone 7
This review is coming from an iPhone 7 user. I appreciate the new "Pro" options in the camera section of the app, unfortunately, it seems like the layout was designed for the larger iphone 7 plus size screens. On the iPhone 7, the new controls are overlayed on the image, while the black bar beneath it where the shutter is, is overly large and the shutter button just looks weird being off center. The plus size screens have the controls on the black bar where the shutter is and the balance looks great from looking at the sample screenshot.
Also what threw me a little was the "Sec" pro control. What is this? Oh it's shutter speed! Why is it labeled as "Sec"? Seems a little weird coming from the oldest photography software company.
I have an ongoing complaint, which is in regards to the force touch when launching the app. Why are the pop up buttons (Take Photo, Take Selfie, Edit Last Photo) so unnecessarily small? Why a list with tiny icons? Why not three large square or round tiles laid out side by side?
Of course, this app is still pretty great because of its ability to sync with Lightroom Desktop.
Hah, while I'm here, I might as well mention some feature requests.
•User updateable camera presets.
•Ability to call up lightroom desktop presets.
Great App, I have a suggestion
This app is getting full marks because I love it but there is no way I am gonna color correct my photography from my iPhone. Maybe someday on an iPad Pro?
I think it's great that Adobe is trying to pair with my iPhone to make my DSLR and Desktop computer unnecessary. More power to you. But in the meantime maybe try to compliment those tools. You will fill an immediate need and build a bridge to the day when pro work can be done from an iOS device on a mass scale.
For iOS I would most like to use Lightroom for two things:
1) sorting through fresh shots immediately after a shoot and picking the keepers and organizing them for later processing on my desktop computer.
2) building a stack of finished photos on the fly, such as to use in a presentation or pitch.
Both of these will require that Adobe add the ability to add and remove keywords and to add search and smart folder capabilities to LightRoom Mobile. These would bring possible unintended consequences of course but those could be worked out and I know this stuff ain't easy.
But wow this app packs a punch. Great job Adobe.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 08, 2016
- Version: 2.6.0
- Size: 126 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Adobe Systems, Inc.
- © Adobe Systems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.