Adobe Acrobat Reader
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is the free, trusted leader for reliably viewing, annotating and signing PDFs.
• Quickly open PDF documents from email, the web or any app that supports “Open In…”
• Search, scroll and zoom in and out.
• Choose Single Page or Continuous scroll mode.
ANNOTATE AND REVIEW PDFs
• Make comments on PDFs using sticky notes and drawing tools.
• Highlight and mark up text with annotation tools.
• Use Apple Pencil with iPad Pro for even greater precision.
FILL AND SIGN FORMS
• Quickly fill out PDF forms by typing text into fields.
• Use your finger or Apple Pencil to e-sign any PDF document.
STORE AND SHARE FILES
• Sign in to your free Adobe Document Cloud account.
• Connect your Dropbox account.
• Store and share files in the cloud.
Convert, edit and organize PDFs on the go by subscribing to one of Adobe’s online services. You can get started without ever leaving your app, and subscriptions work across all your computers and devices.
EDIT AND ORGANIZE PDF FILES
• Subscribe to Acrobat Pro DC using In-App Purchase.
• Edit text in PDF files on your iPad.
• Organize pages: Reorder, rotate and delete them in your PDFs.
CREATE PDF FILES
• Subscribe to Adobe PDF Pack using In-App Purchase.
• Create PDF files.
• Convert Microsoft Office files and camera photos to PDF.
EXPORT PDF FILES TO WORD OR EXCEL
• Subscribe to Adobe Export PDF using In-App Purchase.
• Save PDF documents as editable Microsoft Word or Excel files.
IN-APP PURCHASE DETAILS
• An Acrobat Pro DC subscription is US$24.99/month (includes Acrobat Pro DC software plus PDF Pack).
• A PDF Pack subscription is US$9.99/month (includes Export PDF).
• An Export PDF subscription is US$23.99/year.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
ALREADY A SUBSCRIBER?
If you have a subscription to Acrobat Pro, Acrobat Standard, PDF Pack or Export PDF, just sign in to convert, edit and sign PDFs on the go.
What's New in Version 16.04.05
Ability to remove individual items from Recent files list.
Improved palm rejection to remove marks from resting your palm on the screen when using Apple Pencil with iPad Pro.
• Issue with applying image-based signatures.
• Ability to share files with names containing certain symbols.
• Bug causing users to be unexpectedly signed out of Adobe Document Cloud.
• Improved stability.
• Expanded support for Dropbox: Use Create PDF and Export PDF on files stored in Dropbox. (Subscription required.)
• Improved performance when tapping on form fields and comments in certain PDFs.
• Optimized for iPad Pro: View, annotate and sign documents on iPad Pro’s expansive display.
• Added support for iOS 9 Split View and Slide Over: Multitask with two apps open side-by-side.
• Expanded support for Dropbox: Save files directly to Dropbox with the new “Save to…” menu item.
• Decreased app file size.
Have feedback? Contact us at https://www.adobe.com/go/acrobatiosfeedback
Surprisingly bad; one decent feature
I can barely stand this app. I thought Adobe could easily make the best PDF app out there given how long they've been in the PDF business. I was wrong.
Annotating is a total pain. I strongly prefer PDF Expert Readdle). Even Notability's annotation tools are easier to use. E.g., The highlighter doesn't automatically highlight whole words, so you have to zoom in to a passage and carefully drag your finger just to get the highlighter to start/stop at the beginning/end of words — also the highlighting colors are dreadful, and highlights applied in the Reader app appear differently in other apps (e.g., highlights applied with 50% opacity in Reader show up as FULL opacity in other apps; it's barely readable). Further undoing highlighting (which you have to do all the time since highlighting is so difficult in this app) is a two step process. It really seems like the developers want to disincentivize annotation or something.
Like many Adobe products, the UI is below average at best (perhaps average relative to a Windows environment).
The one thing that I really like: I can edit files in Dropbox and have my edits automatically saved back to Dropbox WITHOUT HAVING TO DOWNLOAD MY ENTIRE DROPBOX PDF LIBRARY TO MY PHONE — looking at you PDF Expert, Documents, etc. (Readdle).
I look forward to what this app may be like in the future. Surprisingly, this PDF app just doesn't hold a candle to the the PDF apps made by less well-known developers.
Great cross platform integration
I have truly enjoyed working with the Adobe Acrobat DC on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook. The software and programming is so seamless and efficient that it allows me to save any PDF to the cloud for my staff or company to review. While giving them access to make changes or notes. The great thing about it, is I can grab my phone and review the changes with ease. For me it's about production and efficiency, Great Product!
This app is extremely slow to "load" pages, no matter how many times I've opened the document before. Wait 5 minutes, one page becomes readable. Read that, wait another 5 minutes for the next page to load. If you turn the phone, you have to start the process over. Or if you get out of the app to look at something else to do during all this waiting, the app will exit out of the doc you were in and - you guessed it - you have to wait for it to load again all the way from the beginning. This does not make for enjoyable reading.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Mar 30, 2016
- Version: 16.04.05
- Size: 29.3 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Adobe Systems, Inc.
- © 1993-2016 Adobe Systems Incorporated and its licensors
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Adobe PDF Pack Subscription$9.99
- Adobe ExportPDF Subscription$23.99
- Adobe Acrobat Pro$24.99
- Adobe PDF Pack Subscription$89.99