The free Adobe Scan PDF scanner app turns your device into a powerful portable PDF scanner that recognizes text automatically (OCR).
More than just a PDF scanner. Use this mobile document scanner to turn anything — receipts, notes, documents, photos, business cards, whiteboards — into an Adobe PDF with text you can reuse from each PDF and photo scan.
HOW IT WORKS:
With the Adobe Scan scanner app, you can make anything scannable. Use the PDF scanner to quickly create a photo scan or PDF scan.
• SCAN. With the Adobe Scan scanner app, you can make anything scannable. Use the PDF scanner to quickly create a photo scan or PDF scan.
• CAPTURE. Scan anything with precision with this mobile PDF scanner. Advanced image technology automatically detects borders, sharpens scanned content, and recognizes text (OCR).
• ENHANCE. Touch up scans or photos from your camera roll. Whether it’s a PDF or photo scan, you can preview, reorder, crop, rotate, and adjust color.
• REUSE. Turn your photo scan into a high-quality Adobe PDF that unlocks text through automated text recognition (OCR). You can reuse text from each PDF scan thanks to OCR.
WHAT CAN ADOBE SCAN DO FOR YOU?
The Adobe Scan document scanner is so easy and powerful to use, you’ll say, “This is the PDF scanner for me.”
• SCAN ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME. Capture forms, receipts, notes, and business cards with this mobile PDF scanner. The Adobe Scan scanner app even lets you scan multi-page documents and save with a single tap.
• RECYCLE CONTENT. The Adobe Scan PDF scanner makes any content scannable and reusable. Free, built-in optical character recognition (OCR) lets you reuse scanned text and content by creating a high-quality PDF that you can work with in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
• QUICKLY FIND DOCUMENTS IN PHOTOS. This powerful scanner app automatically finds documents and receipts in your photos and turns them into PDF scans, so you don't have to. Automatic OCR turns text into content you can edit and reuse.
• SAVE BUSINESS CARDS TO CONTACTS. Scan a business card and Adobe Scan turns into a fast business card scanner and reader. Contact information will be automatically extracted so you can quickly add to your device contacts — no typing needed.
• GET MORE DONE ON THE GO. Save each PDF scan to Adobe Document Cloud for instant access and sharing. Even lengthy legal documents become manageable and scannable with the Adobe Scan scanner app, which lets you search, select, and copy text. You can also open a PDF scan in Acrobat Reader to highlight key sections and add comments.
• GET CONNECTED. The Adobe Scan document scanner connects you to the world’s best document services that let you do even more with your PDFs. Edit PDF and photo scans, convert to Microsoft Office, fill and sign, and send for tracked signatures.
IN-APP PURCHASE DETAILS
If you want to do more with your scans, you have the option of purchasing a PDF Pack subscription for US$9.99/month (includes Export PDF).
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage or turn off auto-renew in your Apple ID Account Settings any time after purchase.
• Select from four camera modes, Whiteboard, Form, Document or Business Card, to capture the perfect scan.
• Capture and crop experience to deliver the best scans.
• Accuracy of document border detection.
• Performance and stability.
Ratings and Reviews
Adobe Scan is Awesome
I will be telling everybody I know about this app. Now I can finally get PDF documents to keep with all the rest of my electronic files that are PDF’s instead of getting pictures of documents in JPEG. I had no idea that this app existed until today and I am just thrilled. I am not one who normally leaves reviews so that should give you some idea of how happy I am with it. One of the main reasons is it’s easy to use. All you do is take a picture of the document via the app and instead of a JPEG file it’s a PDF. Since the documents can be uploaded to the Adobe cloud you can access them from any of your devices, as well as, share them with anyone you want. Those that you share with can also make edits and/or include their comments. You can track whose made which comments or changes to the document and you can convert the PDF document to Word. I have already sent it to a client so he can stop sending me pictures of his receipts and instead send them in a PDF document. He can take pictures of all of them and then combine into one document, as well as, arrange the pages in whatever order he wants. There are just so many great features and a lot of them. It’s a great business tool at least for my type of work. Obviously, I highly recommend it!!!
Seamless integration with Adobe Document Cloud
This app is intuitive, fast, and the integration with Adobe CC and Document Cloud is perfectly seamless. I can “scan” a document using my iPhone camera and it’s immediately available as a PDF in Acrobat Pro on my Mac. The app assigns an appropriate color profile to the document, so space use is efficient—no outrageous file sizes for a B&W text document. It even attempts to recognize text, with surprising accuracy, enabling copy and paste functionality!
My only grievance, if you can call it that, is the automation of the scan functionality... the app captures the page as soon as it detects a document, even if you’re not ready. This means that you might have 6-7 scans of the same document by the time you have everything perfectly straight, positioned, and in focus. It’s really not a big deal to go back and delete the pages you don’t want, but it does add an extra step. In a future update, the developers might consider adding a manual option, allowing the user to tap a “Scan” button to trigger the page capture.
Overall, this is a fantastic app, and I look forward to new features as they come.
Shocked and Awed!!!! Excellent tool!
Incredibly handy, effective, and helpful. Take a moment how to learn how to use this app/software, and you won’t be disappointed. I’m not even super techy and it wasn’t hard to operate. I really could go on and on, but give it a try and you’ll definitely see yourself, especially if you’re a regular desktop to PC scanner. Ahhhhhmazing! If you don’t have access to a desktop scanner, or can’t get yours up and running, or on the go and can’t get to one and need to scan something, this is hands down one handy app. For personal or business use, it’s going to deliver. With this app on the go, you could literally work from the tailgate of your truck if you had to. It’s actually so cool and easy, it makes you want to scan stuff that you’d normally not, or put off. If you can hold your tablet or phone steady for pictures, then you can scan with this. Not to mention all the extra tools and features. As always, through the decades of use, Adobe continues to deliver and stay up on top of the technology game.
- Adobe Inc.
- 84.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Adobe PDF Pack $9.99
- Adobe PDF Pack $89.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.