Adobe Photoshop Sketch
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Draw with the power of the Photoshop painting engine and a variety of built-in brushes, pencils, pens and markers. Create realistic watercolor paintings and import all your favorite Photoshop brushes for even more creative possibilities. Easily send your artwork to Adobe Photoshop CC or Adobe Illustrator CC as layered PSD files.
Artists tell us they love the:
• Ability to add multiple image and drawing layers they can restack, rename, transform and merge.
• Access to 14 tools they can adjust size, color, opacity and blending settings.
• Flexibility to organize their favorite tools and colors in the toolbar.
• Control of individual brush settings like pressure sensitivity and velocity.
• Perspective and graph grids.
• Multiple stylus support for Adonit, Wacom, Pencil by 53 and Apple Pencil.
• Option to work with shape stencils they can pinch to scale, trace, outline and stamp.
BUZZ FROM USERS AND PRESS
“Go team! I am so excited to be using this app on my new iPad Pro with Apple Pencil!” – David K Manuel
Try using Photoshop Sketch with:
You can also take advantage of other Creative Cloud services like:
Search for and license high-res, royalty-free images from inside Sketch. Incorporate quality imagery into your work.
CREATIVE CLOUD LIBRARIES
Get easy in-app access to your assets — including Adobe Stock images and brushes created in Capture CC.
DIRECT TO DESKTOP
Send a file to Photoshop CC or Illustrator CC with layers preserved. It automatically opens on your desktop, letting you effortlessly build on your idea.
POWERED BY CREATIVESYNC
Adobe CreativeSync ensures that your files, fonts, design assets, settings and more all instantly appear in your workflow wherever you need them. Start your creative work on any device and seamlessly pick it up on another.
Publish your work to the Behance creative community and get feedback without leaving the app. You can also share through Facebook, Twitter and email.
2GB FILE STORAGE
Use of Adobe mobile apps requires a free, basic level of Creative Cloud membership, which includes 2GB of complimentary storage for file syncing and sharing.
*iPad mini 2, 3, 4; iPad Air; iPad Air 2, iPad Pro only
MORE STORAGE (Optional in-app purchase)
If you need more than your allotted 2GB of Creative Cloud file storage, you have the option of
purchasing an additional 20GB for $1.99 (US dollars) a month. The recurring payment is automatically charged to your iTunes account. To stop service, simply go to your account Settings and turn off auto-renew at least 24-hours before the end of your billing period. Prorating is unavailable — when you turn off auto-renew, service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period.
The Fine Print
What's New in Version 4.1.1
We’ve improved the overall performance and stability. If you enjoy using Adobe Sketch, please leave a review. It really helps!
Replaced my paper
I love to doodle and draw as I find it relaxing. It was always a pain to carry around a tablet and pencils and markers etc.. I'm still in the development of my skills since I cannot dedicate the time that I want to the arts (work and study, responsibilities. Am I right?) Anyhow, I love being able to work in layers to refine what I am working on. There is the ability to import pictures/images which I have not done but given the Adobe's capabilities, I am sure this is quite functional. The default brushes that are available are perfect to hit the ground running and if you have a collection already, there is an import option to bring them in. I have tried Draw on my Note 4 which was really nice but now that I have my iPad Pro and Pencil, I have not looked back on this download.
Almost great, ultimately frustrating
Don't get me wrong, this app has some killer features - importing Photoshop brushes is the one that keeps me coming back. But as an avid user of the brilliant Procreate app, I keep walking away again in frustration. There are so many things about this app that slow me down and keep me from creating finished artwork:
- tiny file size limits. I can't create a canvas larger than 8" x 10" at 300dpi.
- 2+ taps to do anything. Most of the things I want to do frequently, like change colors or brush sizes, are buried away in the UI, requiring extra taps to expose them.
- no lasso selection tool. Really? These are the people who made Photoshop?
- no masking, aside from alpha locking an individual layer. See above.
- Stuck in the Adobe CC ecosystem. Want to export artwork to Dropbox, Google Drive, or one of the other cloud services you already rely on? Too bad. Get ready to pay to upgrade your CC storage for any serious amount of artwork. My PS brush collection alone filled up most of my free 2 gigs in no time.
- no free rotation of canvas. You have to turn your iPad (and the UI) around.
ALL of these things (and more) are better in Procreate. Their brush engine is not quite as robust, but still very strong, and it has most of the Photoshop painting and layer features that you would want from the desktop version.
Keep trying, Adobe. I want to love this app!
Useful and Enjoyable
Before Adobe Sketch, I had used apps like Drawing Pad and Sketchbook. So far, I have found Adobe Sketch both simpler and more powerful than either of these. If there's a noticeable problem, it's the nominal quantity of textured brushes available in the app. Overall though, it's quite good. Five stars.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 01, 2017
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 142 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Adobe Systems, Inc.
- © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Creative Cloud Storage (20 GB)$1.99