Geocaching Adventure Lab is a new way for geocachers to find and log Lab Caches.
Lab Caches are an experimental geocache type often played at Mega-Events. These caches count towards your geocaching statistics and total finds. In contrast to other cache types, Lab Caches are not required to have a container and can also be located indoors. This allows Lab Cache owners to innovate and test new ideas to make geocaching even more fun!
If you’re attending an upcoming Mega-Event, download Geocaching Adventure Lab to start exploring.
Some new features you will see in this app include:
- Public Adventure Lab Directory: View all publically available Adventures (Lab Cache series), sorted by distance.
- Location Validation: Lab Caches can only be logged by users currently within a predefined radius from the Lab Cache. This is an often requested feature from builders who wish to limit cheating by people who do not actively complete the experience.
- Linear Gameplay: Adventure creators may choose for their Lab Caches to be played in a specific order, allowing for more creative storytelling.
- Ability to present more media content in the journal when completing a location
- Various layout and copy updates
- App crashes when completing a linear Adventure
- App sometimes freezes when completing a location
- Sound effect sometimes plays twice when completing a location
- App crashes at startup when device language is set to Japanese
- Groundspeak Inc.
- 26.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2018 Groundspeak, Inc. DBA Geocaching
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.