Be prepared for ever-changing weather with Aeris Pulse, and never be surprised by the weather again! From severe storms to heavy snowfall, Aeris Pulse personalizes weather threats like never before.
We’d love to hear what you think about Aeris Pulse! Please rate and review us in the App Store, and if you have any issues or suggestions, contact us at http://www.aerisweather.com/support/kb/aeris-pulse/ or let us know about a bug by submitting a ticket at http://www.aerisweather.com/support/.
APPROACHING WEATHER THREATS
Using your current GPS location, Aeris Pulse highlights where the weather threats are relative to you. Aeris Pulse informs you to a variety of threats, whether it’s a severe thunderstorm with large hail and lightning or a winter storm with ice and heavy snow.
Receive push notifications and in-app alerts when hazardous or severe weather approaches your current location, from heavy precipitation to severe storms, lightning, hail and tornadoes. You can also receive notifications for National Weather Service (NWS) alerts as soon as they are issued for your current location. You can also customize your notification criteria to offer fine control over the alerts that matter most to you.
Pulse offers a customizable weather map with several different weather data layers so you can always view the data you care about the most. Plus, your active layers are saved between sessions, so you'll always see the weather data you're interested in most.
- Approaching weather threats per location*
- Real-time push notifications alerting your of weather threats and warnings affecting your current location
- Customize your notification criteria to control which alerts you wish to receive
- Complete interactive weather map and weather data layers, including radar, storm reports, storm cells, future precipitation and many more
- Fully animated weather map layers supporting past and future weather data that can be adjusted for your needs**
- Current conditions, 7-day forecast, hourly outlook, sunrise/sunset
- Save and reorder all of your favorite locations
- Notification Center widgets for local weather conditions, approaching weather threats and radar*
- Fully powered by our Aeris Weather API and Aeris Maps Platform (AMP)
* Threats and radar are currently available for US locations only
** Future data layers are available with an active Forecast Models subscription
- Swipe up to view your hourly and 7-day forecast
- Swipe down to view your saved locations and add more locations
- Pinch inward to manually reload weather data
- Tap on the circular map or pinch outward to load the interactive map
- Tap on an hourly temp point to view hourly forecast details
- Tap on a forecast row day to view forecast details for that day
Forecast Models - An optional auto-renewing subscription for $1.99/month ($11.99/year) that gives you access to all of our forecast model weather map layers, such as future radar, future temperatures, future accumulated precipitation/snowfall and much more.
Lightning - An optional auto-renewing subscription for $9.99/year that provides you with real-time lightning alert notifications and data in and around your current location.
Road Conditions - An optional auto-renewing subscription for $1.99/month ($11.99/year) that gives you access to our past and forecast road conditions map layers, depicting travel hazards from wet, icy or snow-covered roadways.
Once purchased, all optional subscriptions it will charged to your iTunes account and will be auto-renewed within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the same price you originally paid. Manage or disable your subscriptions via your iTunes Account Settings after purchasing. Once purchased, the subscription cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
- Added tropical cyclones map layer (requires Expanded Maps in-app purchase)
- Renamed Forecast Models in-app purchase to Expanded Maps, now includes road conditions map layers previously in Road Conditions in-app purchase
- Moved road conditions map layers into Expanded Maps in-app purchase*
- Fixed and improved several issues related to notifications not working for some users
* Users with existing Road Conditions in-app purchases will continue to have access to road conditions layers until their original subscription expires.
Ratings and Reviews
The app looks great... when it works. I have a problem pertaining to the startup i.e. it won't start up properly. When I open the app, it displays a white screen with a grey radiating circle. It stays on that screen for a while, and so I usually exit the app and re-enter. That usually doesn't solve the problem. Typically I have to exit the app, close it, and then restart it three or four times before it finally functions properly.
Note: I tried clicking the circle, and it opened the radar map, but when I click the X to exit, it takes me back to the white screen with a radiating circle.
Sorry to hear you're having issues with Pulse at startup. Would you mind submitting a support ticket from within the app (Settings > Contact Support) with additional information so we can work with you on resolving this issue? Thanks!
A very good weather app
I just ran across this app about a month ago and just can't seem to let it go. The alerts have been good and the weather is as accurate, or more, than the others I've used. I've got a hazardous weather alert active right now that other apps I have don't even mention! I am going to read up more on Aeris. They do have a good weather app!!
Update: I like it very much, as I have already mentioned. I still have the app and like I said. Just can’t seem to let it go!
Good to hear you're really enjoying the app, and thanks for the review!
Back to great!
This app went through a period where it wasn’t working very well, but fortunately they provide some really great customer service! They worked closely with me, gathered information, and updated the app. It’s all back to its original, fine working order. It’s rare to find such a responsive app developer!
Sorry to hear that you've been having data issues with Pulse in the recent versions. Our team uses the app daily and haven't noticed issues with old data being displayed. Would you mind opening a support ticket under Settings from within the app so we can worth with you on tracking down these issues and fix them in a future release accordingly? Thanks!
- Whether or Knot LLC
- 30.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 AerisWeather
- In-App Purchases
- Forecast Models - 1 Month $1.99
- Lightning $9.99
- Map Expansion - 1 Month $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.