Welcome to Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
Aerofly FS 2 lets you explore the world of flying in a quality never seen before. Fly a large selection of highly detailed aircraft with fully animated and interactive 3D cockpits.
Aerofly FS 2 is a next generation flight simulator and sets a high value on realistic flight physics, highly detailed aircraft and a stunning, photo realistic scenery. World wide coverage of elevation data and aerial images is included with Aerofly FS 2. At the same time, Aerofly FS 2 features an intuitive user interface and requires virtually no training time.
Take your seat in the cockpit and enjoy flying over the famous Golden Gate Bridge or visit Alcatraz Island. Learn the basics of flying at our flight school or jump right into the captain's seat and land the majestic 747 at one of the busiest airports of the world.
• 18 aircraft included: F-18, Dash 8 Q400, Learjet 45, C172, Baron 58, ASG 29 glider, Pitts S-2B biplane, Airbus A320, B737-500, B747-400, King Air C90 GTx, Aermacchi MB-339, Corsair F4U, Extra 330, Swift S1 glider, P-38 Lightning, Sopwith Camel, Bücker Jungmeister
• Highly detailed and interactive 3D cockpits
• Adjustable cockpit lighting at night time
• Realistic flight physics
• Interactive Flight school for learning the basics of flying
• High resolution aerial images and over 150 airports for the South West of the United States
• World wide elevation and aerial images
• Display terrain features like mountains, lakes and cities for easy VFR navigation
• Route editor for easy flight planning
• Adjustable time of day
• Adjustable wind, clouds, visibility, thermal activity and turbulence
• Replay system
• Different view modes
• Support for multiple joysticks, throttle units, rudder pedals and more
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
• Processor: 2.0GHz
• RAM: 8GB
• macOS: 10.13
• Free Space: 64GB
• Graphics: NVIDIA or AMD graphics card with 512 MB. We do not recommend to use Aerofly with Intel based integrated graphic cards.
• Input device: Dedicated USB/Bluetooth gamepad or USB joystick
This game requires either a gamepad or joystick for flying the aircraft. You can't control the aircraft by just using a mouse or keyboard.
Due to the high quality aerial images, the download size is very large and will take several hours to complete!
Ratings and Reviews
Very good sim
There are definitely things that show that Aerofly is a newcomer to the flight sim genre. The water and all are just photographs and there’s a few other noticable things. But, to me this stuff doesn’t matter, once your off the ground that stuff is very trivial and really is anyway. It’s a well designed and thought out program, quite interesting to use. I am a flight sim veteran and have been using Microsoft Flight Simulator since back in the DOS days. X-Plane is also a favorite of mine. What I do want to recommend to the developers, expand beyond the west coast and also render your water and traffic. Other sims can do this, you can too. Don’t use photos anymore, actually render water, put boats that are actually moving with wake and everything, throw some hot air balloons around in some places, make your scenery more alive and not just… there. I can’t give this sim less than 5 stars though. I truly have no complaints. The aircraft fly wonderfully, it performs nice and is very stable and truly a flight sim is to fly and this does a great job of simulating that. Very well done and the developers have definitely put out a great product here. If some of my ideas here are followed they will be right there with FSX, X-Plane, Prepar3d and even Flightgear. But all in all thanks for a great flight sim and making it available on Mac IPACS! Keep up the good work and please… Expand, improve, and keep doing what you’re doing. I see great things ahead for Aerofly.
Pretty good, and much better that I expected
I am very happy with this sim. I have used FS X & X plane for years. This product is not as mature as the for mentioned ones, but it is deffently a up and comming sin. I hope the developer keeps working on improvements. The airplane graphics are gorgeous, and the scenery is very nice. On these two points it looks better that xplane. I would like to see real world weather, and more of the world covered. But for now I am very happy with this product. Looks and feels great on my 2015 iMac 5k. Thanks so muck for giving us another choice in mac flight sims.
The future of Computer Flight Smulation is great on the Mac!
I have to hand it to Aerofly... They have been carefully crafting a solid platform for PC flight simulation. I have been using the Windows version on my 2015 MBP 15” w/ AMD using BootCamp, and I am seeing similar performance with the Mac version.
There are a few things that are different:
- Extra sceneries (NY, CO, UT) are not available (yet)
- Fewer graphics configurability options
- Not sure the Mac version is on the same refresh cycle as the Windows version.
I would like to see more airports. Maybe create a package of the Class B airspace airports!
Addendum - It has been 5+ months, and the Mac community is still waiting on the ability to use the other addons and upgrades that the Windows version has enjoyed since I wrote this review. (Keep in mind that Mac users are charged an additional license fee, without receiving any additional access to updates and addons!)
Thank you for your feedback. It is our intention to add extra sceneries to the Mac version as well. Also, the overall program functionality will be the same as the PC version, but due to how updates are delivered on the Mac App Store, the update cycle will be slightly slower.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.