The most advanced electronic flight bag (EFB) on the market. Visualize your weather with Aerovie vertical weather profile, radar forecasting, and more!
Electronic PIREP submission into national airspace system. Submit pilot reports at the touch of a button to Lockheed Martin Flight Service. PIREPs automatically queue for transmission when network connection is available for up to one hour.
Flight plan, brief, and file flight plans into Lockheed Martin Flight service.
Full electronic flight bag suite including offline sectional, IFR low/high, and approach charts.
* Geo-referenced approach plates including VFR & IFR charts for U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, and Bahamas.
* Automated icing, IMC, and CAPE detection based on route and time of departure alerts you to potential hazards instantly.
* Airport facility directory
* Brief & File VFR/IFR flight plans directly to Lockheed Martin.
* Moving map
* TAWS map, terrain vertical profile planning tool.
* Obstacle overlays with color-coded altitude awareness.
* Flight simulator support (Prepar3D, X-Plane, MS Flight Simulator)
* Aircraft performance management for high performance aircraft
* Best economy calculation in altitude selector tool
* Altitude selector tool terrain awareness
* Top of climb and descent markers on route
* Winds aloft calculations based on climb and descent profiles
* Activation & Closing of VFR flight plans
Powerful pre-flight weather features
* Geo-referenced icing charts (CIP & FIP), prognostic and surface analysis charts, SPC outlooks, SPC mesoscale discussions, SkewT soundings, and more.
* Base radar, composite radar, and future radar simulations out to 3 days.
* Visible, color-coded infrared, enhanced infrared, and water vapor satellite imagery.
* TAF Discussions, GFS and NAM MOS forecasts by airport.
* Worldwide Icing Charts
* Turbulence Overlays
* Upper Air charts w/ total cloud cover (surface) and CAPE (at 500Mb) and winds aloft charts for 8 days
* Improved Aircraft Performance Profiles including library
* Checklist import/export and library
* Fuel Trip Planning Range Ring Overlay
TAWS Suite with aural alerts
- 500' callout
- Depressurization detection
- Runway entrance aural alert
Connected Devices & ADSB
FlightBox ADSB & AHRS
STRATUX ADSB & AHRS
iLevil ADSB & AHRS
Avidyne IFD Flight Plan Transfer, AHRS, ADSB
Lynx L3 Transponder ADSB
Iridium GO! Satellite Communicator
Apple Watch Support
* Weather Radar
* Flight timer
* Digital checklists
* Nearby airport information
* Complication widgets of nearby METAR, TAF summary, and time travel support into TAF & GFS models.
* 3D simulated environment complete with runway models, fly through glideslope to runway, runway awareness features including distance remaining
* User must select Aerovie Pro ($6.99/mo or $69.99/yr) plan upon account creation.
* Pilot report submission is designed for certificated pilots only.
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* Aerovie Pro offers two auto-renewing plans ($6.99/mo or $69.99/yr). The payment will be charged to the user's iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication. The robust PIREP submission tool require no subscription.
* Stratus 3 Support
* Older device bugfix
* Misc bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
I'd give it five stars, however, the app keeps closing on me whenever I try to view a route from a zoomed out view. Seems to be a relatively recent issue too, possible bug that can hopefully be fixed with an update. Also, weather illustrations could be better. Looking at a prog chart to get an idea for upcoming weather is like looking at a pixelated outdated chart, same with icing illustration on the overlay menu. It's competitive with foreflight to an extent. One great feature that could make Aerovie really stand out is incorporating the option to select "ATC Preferred routes" when it comes to IFR flying much like foreflight does, working on weather overlay graphics/visuals, and possibly incorporating the ability to draw text on the plates or charts as reminders, outlining taxi routes on an airport diagram, or circling important portions of an approach/DP plate. EDIT: Looks like there was an update available and I did not notice it until after sending this - I'll give it five stars due to the fact that the developer seems to have caught this bug relatively quick! For what it's worth, the app is great, just my .02 on what I think could be improved upon. Merely constructive criticism, nothing more :)
Here is my story.... I’m an airline guy just looking for some extra info, specifically weather, to supplement what I’m already using. That’s it. So I gave this app a try. Just as featured as the other apps available. Obviously a different interface. You may like or may not. Paid for the monthly plan and figured I’d give it a month... To my surprise, it has impressive features especially in regard to weather. (You can read up on them). Again, some of these are contained in other apps available. So why the five star review? What knocked me out of my socks is that I have contacted support 3 times in the past few days. Bryan responded to each question within an hour!!! What! Where can you get that kind of support!!! I wouldn’t expect this superb support nor do I deserve it. Thank you. Anyway, I’m sure this product will just keep getting better if it’s supported!
Wow, top flight planner in my book!
1000 hour PIC here in a single engine plane who worked as a single pilot in the cockpit. While I’m not actively flying, I did run this app through its paces and all I can say is why is this planner NOT in the top grossing apps in the flight planning searches? This flight planner runs circles around foreflight when it comes to ease of use in the cockpit. Easy to read in varying lighting conditions, easy to amend IFR flight plans. Weather briefings and overview of flight planning) is the best I’ve seen (far better than foreflight and fltplango)
I had foreflight basic subscription and you get far MORE features in this app (log book and geo referenced approach plates) in a simple one price subscription app AT A MUCH CHEAPER YEARLY RATE.
If I was an active pilot, you can bet this app would be on my yoke mount.
- Aerovie, LLC
- 178.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Aerovie, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Aerovie EFB Subscription $6.99
- Aerovie EFB Subscription $69.99
- AerovieReports Annual Subscription $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.