*** AeroWeather: for pilots, aviation enthusiasts, and everyone who is serious about the weather!
AeroWeather Lite provides quick and intuitive access to METAR and TAF for airports worldwide. Data can be shown in its original (raw) format or as fully decoded and easy understandable texts. AeroWeather Lite is helpful for weather preflight-briefings, but also to just get very precise weather. All weather data is cached for offline access. There are many settings for units and format of METAR/TAF available.
The app features a built-in airport database, which includes basic airport data like sunrise/sunset, twilight times, timezones etc.
AeroWeather Lite now offers built-in groups for nearby stations, today widget*, and earthquakes. Depending on your needs, groups can be shown or hidden in the main list view.
METAR alert notifications* are another new and helpful feature to stay up-to-date. Define multiple alerts for each station with the following criteria: flight rule (US NOAA), wind speed, temperature, pressure, present weather, visibility, and ceiling (BKN and OVC). Notifications will be sent to your device if the criteria is met (e.g., when wind is greater/equal 10 kts, flight rule becomes IFR).
The AeroPix feature offers users the possibility to take quickly picture(s) of the weather at their current location. The pictures will be available to all other pilots (on the map or within an airport detail view) helping them to get a better idea about local conditions. AeroPix should be especially helpful when there's no or insufficient webcam coverage.
Please consult our web-site for a full description of all features. In order to keep AeroWeather Lite free we added a small ad banner at the bottom of the screen. Consider getting AeroWeather Pro to have an ad-free app or remove the ad with through a on-time in-app purchase.
* Additional functionality which needs to be unlocked (one-time purchase). In-app purchases are not transferable between Lite, Pro, and Mac.
- Added read out of METAR (similar to ATIS) when swiping a station in list from left to right (English voice only; req. iOS 11 or higher)
- Added option to assign a predefined flag (like departure or alternate) to stations (per group) for better usability (req. iOS 11 or higher). Swipe station in list from left to right to access it. For stations in a group this flag will also be synchronized among all devices.
- Added option in settings to display raw METAR/TAF with monospace font (is also applied in widget)
- Small layout optimizations (map annotations)
- Bug fixing (historic METAR time periods, alert deactivation in notifications, widget layout, crash fixes)
- Database update (2018-07-17)
Ratings and Reviews
It’s on a fine line.
This app was nearly perfect. They added a few features like the widget and a nearby tab. Both are cool, but I don’t want the widget and I’m stuck with the tab. Unfortunately they have made the app a bit bloated, it doesn’t run as good as it used to. The tabs at the top are not removable. That combined with the inevitable add banner, makes the airport list only three or so depending on how you read your weather. It’s still super useable, but it’s on thin ice if they go more glitz and less user adjustably on the next one it’s gone. The aviation community wants stuff that works not stuff that’s pretty.
Using for years.
Been using this app for about 4 years.
Never had issues with it.
Recently purchased the widget for my iPhone which has been great for quick checks.
Look quickly at the local stations and those that have special significance.
In-App PurchasesSee All
Quick METAR access through the Today Widget.
Receive customizable notifications for METARs
- Lakehorn AG
- 60.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2018 Lakehorn AG
- In-App Purchases
- Widget $0.99
- Remove Ad-Banner $1.99
- Alerts $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.