By Lakehorn AG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get current and precise weather conditions (METAR) as well as weather forecasts (TAF), which are used by pilots for their flight preparations. You can choose worldwide airport weather stations from the built-in database by either name or ICAO code. Data will be shown in its original format or fully decoded into easy understandable texts.
> Try out AeroWeather Lite for free first.
Get even more functionality with AeroWeather Pro. It has all features of the freely available AeroWeather Lite app plus many more:
- built-in group "nearby" always shows weather in your area
- create groups of stations and have them sorted individually
- displays optionally up to four previous METAR's (raw format only)
- possibility to add own comments for each station
- improved search includes filters for name, ICAO, IATA, and country (resp. states for US and Canada)
- e-mail raw METAR/TAF of a group
- today widget on iOS 8 or higher
- switch between day and nighttime display mode
- base-reflectivity radar within detail view (US coverage only)
- details of US airports include AWOS information (type, frequency, and clickable phone number)
- all user data can be backuped & restored via e-mail (useful in case of re-installing app or to transfer data to different iPhone/iPod/iPad)
Available in Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, German, Finnish, French, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish, and Swedish.
AeroWeather Pro uses weather data from freely available US NOAA and FAA services, which cannot be guaranteed. The cost for AeroWeather Pro is just for creation of the app and not to pay for any weather data. There are no additional charges for freely available weather data sources. There might be in-app purchases of additional data in future for data which I have to pay for as well.
What's New in Version 1.8.2
- Optimized for watchOS2 plus complication support for the modular watch face (first station in widget group is always displayed as complication)
- Added Japanese localization
- Decoder: vertical visibility (VV) is now taken into account for flightrule determination
- Updated station/runway/radar/awos database
Bugfixes and Maintenance:
- METAR decoding of RVR might have caused app to crash
- Fixed Maldives data source
- Minor display and user interface issues (e.g. flightrule icons)
I consider this an essential aviation app
Even with the likes of "ForeFlight", I far prefer the display and layout of this app. I've used it since my iPad 1 days (now with the "Air-2"), and it has never crashed or "hiccupped" on me (knock on wood ...)
Every pilot from green "Jeep" students to grizzled ATP veterans will appreciate this app.
I use this app numerous times each working day in my Airbus.
I prefer it to the company provided weather program.
It is professional quality and I highly recommend it to all pilots, student through professional.
Great app but you need to bring back the availability to organize the order of the airports. You use to have 3 lines that would show up, so you could put your airports in the order you wanted, but no longer. Please fix this. Thanks
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Dec 03, 2015
- Version: 1.8.2
- Size: 17.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Lakehorn AG
- © 2008-2015 Lakehorn AG
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.