By Lakehorn AG
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
*** AeroWeather: for pilots, aviation enthusiasts, and everyone who is serious about the weather!
AeroWeather Lite provides quick and intuitive access to METAR and TAF for airports worldwide. Data can be shown in its original (raw) format or as fully decoded and easy understandable texts. AeroWeather Lite is helpful for weather preflight-briefings, but also to just get very precise weather. All weather data is cached for offline access. There are many settings for units and format of METAR/TAF available.
The app features a built-in airport database, which includes basic airport data like sunrise/sunset, twilight times, timezones etc.
AeroWeather Lite now offers built-in groups for nearby stations, today widget*, and earthquakes. Depending on your needs, groups can be shown or hidden in the main list view.
METAR alert notifications* are another new and helpful feature to stay up-to-date. Define multiple alerts for each station with the following criteria: flight rule (US NOAA), wind speed, temperature, pressure, present weather, visibility, and ceiling (BKN and OVC). Notifications will be sent to your device if the criteria is met (e.g., when wind is greater/equal 10 kts, flight rule becomes IFR).
The AeroPix feature offers users the possibility to take quickly picture(s) of the weather at their current location. The pictures will be available to all other pilots (on the map or within an airport detail view) helping them to get a better idea about local conditions. AeroPix should be especially helpful when there's no or insufficient webcam coverage.
Please consult our web-site for a full description of all features. In order to keep AeroWeather Lite free we added a small ad banner at the bottom of the screen. Consider getting AeroWeather Pro to have an ad-free app or remove the ad with through a on-time in-app purchase.
* Additional functionality which needs to be unlocked (one-time purchase). In-app purchases are not transferable between Lite, Pro, and Mac.
What's New in Version 2.1
This update offers some more features and fixes a couple of reported bugs.
- Added free iMessages app to send raw METAR/TAF (to be used through iOS Messages app)
- Added ISA temperature deviation (next to temperature in decoded METAR)
- Improved results display for QuickSearch (always shows matching ICAO/IATA results before matching names)
- Improved user data export to Pro version
- Small layout changes/optimizations
- Bug fixing (e.g. CAT indicator; flightrule indicator; twilight +/-30min; proximity sort)
- Updated database (2018-01-04)
Thank you for your passionate support!
Look quickly at the local stations and those that have special significance.
Latest update has slowed considerably. Very frustrating to use now. Would use several times a day, now dread opening. Hope developer can fix!
Latest update ruined 3D Touch
Using 3D Touch now causes the app to crash every single time. Otherwise I really enjoy this app in its free form
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jan 11, 2018
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 55.4 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Lakehorn AG
- © 2008-2018 Lakehorn AG
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlock Widget$0.99
- Remove Ad-Banner$0.99
- Unlock Alerts$2.99