By Serif Labs
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
** Apple Design Award Winner 2015 **
Professional Graphic Design Software for the Mac.
Affinity Designer is the fastest, smoothest, most precise vector graphic design software available. Whether you’re working on graphics for marketing materials, websites, icons, UI design or just like creating cool concept art, Affinity Designer will revolutionize how you work.
It takes full advantage of macOS technologies such as OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch, Core Graphics and is fully optimized for 64-bit and multi-core processors to squeeze every ounce of available performance from your hardware – so it’s seriously fast. Whether it’s a 100 megapixel image or the most complex vector drawing with thousands of curves, you still pan and zoom at 60fps, move objects in correct z-order and see live views of all adjustments, brushes and effects as you’re working with no compromise.
Experience the best PSD import engine out there – making it easy to collaborate with other creative professionals. Along with support for PSD, PDF, SVG, AI (PDF Stream), Freehand and EPS files you get all the flexibility you need so whether you switch to Affinity Designer for all your work, or just elements of what you do, it’s completely painless.
With professional color model support, full 16-bit per channel editing, real-time pixel preview, image slices, masks, adjustment layers and tablet support, Affinity Designer is a serious tool for creative professionals.
• Panning and zooming is always live at 60fps
• Live gradients, transforms, effects and adjustments
• Optimized for documents of any complexity, zoom to over 1,000,000% for absolute precision
• Live pixel and retina view of vector artwork, wireframe view, split screen mode
• Seamless switching between tools and editing modes for frustration-free design
Perfect color and output
• Professional CMYK, LAB, RGB and Grayscale color models
• Full 16-bit per channel editing
• End-to-end ICC color management
• Advanced Lanczos 3 image resampling plus Bicubic, Bilinear and Nearest Neighbor methods
• Rock solid vector tools that work just the way you want them to
• Live effects, blend modes, image adjustments, and raster and vector masks for any part of your design
• Use the strengths of vector and raster behaviors for the best of both worlds
• The best pen tool, node tool, curve editing, geometry operations, and smart shape tools available
• Flexible text handling including comprehensive support for OpenType
• High quality raster tools for texturing, masking and finishing artwork. Create your own brushes too.
• Optimized workspaces give focus to design disciplines including web graphics, UI/UX, print, and concept art
What's New in Version 1.6
• New light user interface option
• New stroke stabiliser for all pencil and brush tools
• Metal 2 accelerated view optimised for macOS High Sierra
• New font chooser dropdown with recents, used fonts and favourites
• New Glyph browser
• Improved view pan/zoom performance
• Improved performance with large documents
• Align to key items
• Text frame vertical alignment options
• Fit frame to text
• Many PDF export improvements including vector export of multi-stop gradients
• Added 'Unlock All' and 'Show All' commands
• Numerous bug fixes and other improvements
This pretty much killed Illustrator for me
I am in love with this drawing app what an Incredible bargain! Absolutely blows Adobe Illustrator out of the water in many ways. Has the user friendliness of Freehand but it is much better. I can't wait to see where this program goes in the next year and how the remaining programs in the suite (photo manipulation and layout) will work with it. The two Affinity programs work really well together, they have even tighter intigration then the Adobe apps. Managing and finding fonts got way better in 1.6. Canvas rotation is a feature that even Illustrator doesn’t have and is a wonderful addition to a drawing program. Affinity Photo looks to be a very interesting Photoshop / Camera Raw competitor that Design works very well with, in fact it has even tighter intimation then the Adobe apps do.
I do have on main complaint with Designer though. I find that working with gradients is more difficult than other drawing programs such as iDraw and FreeHand. For an example if I have a color in the middle that I want to drag to the end this is not so easily done. I would like to think that this will get fixed at some point but talking to the developers they didn’t seem to see this as being a problem. Other then that my interaction with the developers at Serif has been fantastic and they have already fixed some of the problems I had with earlier versions of AD.
type treatment is wonderful
Lots of nice things to say, but here’s the part of the app that knocks my socks off: it understands type. In particular, it understands and implements the special features of OpenType fonts better than any app except the highest high-end layout programs. What a pleasure to use type as its designers intend, all the gestures and filigrees, not locked into the bare minimum typographic features most Mac software deigns to allow you to use.
Don’t understand what I mean? Open your FontBook and have a look at Hoefler Text. Choose the “Repertoire” View and you’ll see not just the Cyrillic but all sorts of small caps, engraved caps, swashes, alternate shapes, and other doodads. Now, how to you get to them? In most graphics programs, you really sorta don’t, owing in part to Apple’s zigzaggy support for type features in ATSUI, the Apple typesetting engine. Affinity did the hard work of making sense of it and making it work in an intuitive way. That’s five stars right there.
Now, Affinity, get on with a page layout program and make the page safe for type again!
I have been using Affinity Designer for over a year now and have nothing but good things to say. Very simple user interface and it’s easy to pick up fairly quickly. I had no experience with Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator before and was able to learn Designer within a week. The Affinity Workbook is also super helpful for figuring out what all the icons and options are! Affinity Designer is always very fast and robust: I love the addition of Assets and I’m constantly adding to and organizing my Assets library. Also the latest update with all the free graphics is awesome!! The Affinity team is really dedicated to customer satisfaction and I find it refreshing.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Nov 02, 2017
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 244 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- © 2017 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor