By Serif Labs
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
** Apple Design Award Winner 2015 **
Professional Graphic Design Software for the Mac.
Affinity Designer is the fastest, smoothest, most precise vector graphic design software available. Whether you’re working on graphics for marketing materials, websites, icons, UI design or just like creating cool concept art, Affinity Designer will revolutionize how you work.
It takes full advantage of macOS technologies such as OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch, Core Graphics and is fully optimized for 64-bit and multi-core processors to squeeze every ounce of available performance from your hardware – so it’s seriously fast. Whether it’s a 100 megapixel image or the most complex vector drawing with thousands of curves, you still pan and zoom at 60fps, move objects in correct z-order and see live views of all adjustments, brushes and effects as you’re working with no compromise.
Experience the best PSD import engine out there – making it easy to collaborate with other creative professionals. Along with support for PSD, PDF, SVG, AI (PDF Stream), Freehand and EPS files you get all the flexibility you need so whether you switch to Affinity Designer for all your work, or just elements of what you do, it’s completely painless.
With professional color model support, full 16-bit per channel editing, real-time pixel preview, image slices, masks, adjustment layers and tablet support, Affinity Designer is a serious tool for creative professionals.
• Panning and zooming is always live at 60fps
• Live gradients, transforms, effects and adjustments
• Optimized for documents of any complexity, zoom to over 1,000,000% for absolute precision
• Live pixel and retina view of vector artwork, wireframe view, split screen mode
• Seamless switching between tools and editing modes for frustration-free design
Perfect color and output
• Professional CMYK, LAB, RGB and Grayscale color models
• Full 16-bit per channel editing
• End-to-end ICC color management
• Advanced Lanczos 3 image resampling plus Bicubic, Bilinear and Nearest Neighbor methods
• Rock solid vector tools that work just the way you want them to
• Live effects, blend modes, image adjustments, and raster and vector masks for any part of your design
• Use the strengths of vector and raster behaviors for the best of both worlds
• The best pen tool, node tool, curve editing, geometry operations, and smart shape tools available
• Flexible text handling including comprehensive support for OpenType
• High quality raster tools for texturing, masking and finishing artwork. Create your own brushes too.
• Optimized workspaces give focus to design disciplines including web graphics, UI/UX, print, and concept art
What's New in Version 1.5.5
Stability and bug fixes
Many of these applications (iDraw/Graphic is another, and there’s a handful of iPad vector apps) do the basics of Illustrator but then they just stop short of competing with it. I’ve been using Illustrator since 1998, and I refuse to enter a subscription plan so I want a contender. Affinity Designer is the closest AI “killer” so far. It’s very solid at drawing in vectors, and I’d even argue it does some things better than anyone else. Much like many of these apps though it falls short in the extras that Illustrator has that have become a necessary part of a designer’s workflow. Specifically for me are the missing Multiple Pages (you can only open Illustrator files one page at a time), Offset Path, Simplify Path/Add Points, and to a lesser degree some of the vector effects like Roughen, Pucker/Bloat, and Extrude. I’m happy to see they included Reset Bounding Box as so many others don’t include this important feature (iDraw doesn’t unless you add a plug-in) but the features I mentioned are just too important to my on-the-job workflow. I’d like to see these added, then I could say this is a true Illustrator “killer”, but until then it’s just another simple vector app for tinkering around.
Love it…. and
I love Affinity Designer and Photo, they saved me from Adobe! I am pretty sure I wrote a review on affinity designers previous version and gave it 5 stars because it is epic. The new version is still epic, It just crashes more than any other program I have. Mostly when I am working with large documents with lots of artboards and vector layers. It crashes a LOT when I am trying to arrange Artboards. It will also crash a lot when I am doing a batch export from the eport panel. It has gotten to the point sometimes where it gets in the way of my work with clients…. kinda frustrating.
That being said, I am so in love with Affinity designer and see it as a totally great replacement for illustrator for me. I love the gradient controls, the ease of placing layers within one another, the exporting options, the ease of transparency controls, artboard controls, and snapping…. it is so much more intuitive than Illustrator was for me.
Thank you serif! Once the crashing issue is fixed, I would give it 5 stars.
This software is AMAZING
Years ago, Adobe bought out a competitor for Illustrator called called Freehand—and they killed it. And for the life of me, I’ve never understood why illustrator won out over Freehand. Because Freehand had far superior vector drawing tools. When I used Affinity Designer, I was sooo excited to use its vector tools! They took the best of Freehand and made it even better!
Frankly, I think Affinity Designer is a wake up call for Adobe. For years Adobe has shoveled its half-baked features into their software and we, the end-user, have been stuck with that model T of software. Since Adobe apparently never pulls their heads out of the sand to see what their software could/should be. I’m extremely excited to see Serif putting together this software!
With that said, its not perfect yet. But they are headed in that direction. Great job guys! I love this software!
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Mar 22, 2017
- Version: 1.5.5
- Size: 259 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- © 2017 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor