By Serif Labs
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
** Apple Design Award Winner 2015 **
Professional Graphic Design Software for the Mac.
Affinity Designer is the fastest, smoothest, most precise vector graphic design software available. Whether you’re working on graphics for marketing materials, websites, icons, UI design or just like creating cool concept art, Affinity Designer will revolutionize how you work.
It takes full advantage of macOS technologies such as OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch, Core Graphics and is fully optimized for 64-bit and multi-core processors to squeeze every ounce of available performance from your hardware – so it’s seriously fast. Whether it’s a 100 megapixel image or the most complex vector drawing with thousands of curves, you still pan and zoom at 60fps, move objects in correct z-order and see live views of all adjustments, brushes and effects as you’re working with no compromise.
Experience the best PSD import engine out there – making it easy to collaborate with other creative professionals. Along with support for PSD, PDF, SVG, AI (PDF Stream), Freehand and EPS files you get all the flexibility you need so whether you switch to Affinity Designer for all your work, or just elements of what you do, it’s completely painless.
With professional color model support, full 16-bit per channel editing, real-time pixel preview, image slices, masks, adjustment layers and tablet support, Affinity Designer is a serious tool for creative professionals.
• Panning and zooming is always live at 60fps
• Live gradients, transforms, effects and adjustments
• Optimized for documents of any complexity, zoom to over 1,000,000% for absolute precision
• Live pixel and retina view of vector artwork, wireframe view, split screen mode
• Seamless switching between tools and editing modes for frustration-free design
Perfect color and output
• Professional CMYK, LAB, RGB and Grayscale color models
• Full 16-bit per channel editing
• End-to-end ICC color management
• Advanced Lanczos 3 image resampling plus Bicubic, Bilinear and Nearest Neighbor methods
• Rock solid vector tools that work just the way you want them to
• Live effects, blend modes, image adjustments, and raster and vector masks for any part of your design
• Use the strengths of vector and raster behaviors for the best of both worlds
• The best pen tool, node tool, curve editing, geometry operations, and smart shape tools available
• Flexible text handling including comprehensive support for OpenType
• High quality raster tools for texturing, masking and finishing artwork. Create your own brushes too.
• Optimized workspaces give focus to design disciplines including web graphics, UI/UX, print, and concept art
What's New in Version 1.5.5
Stability and bug fixes
This software is AMAZING
Years ago, Adobe bought out a competitor for Illustrator called called Freehand—and they killed it. And for the life of me, I’ve never understood why illustrator won out over Freehand. Because Freehand had far superior vector drawing tools. When I used Affinity Designer, I was sooo excited to use its vector tools! They took the best of Freehand and made it even better!
Frankly, I think Affinity Designer is a wake up call for Adobe. For years Adobe has shoveled its half-baked features into their software and we, the end-user, have been stuck with that model T of software. Since Adobe apparently never pulls their heads out of the sand to see what their software could/should be. I’m extremely excited to see Serif putting together this software!
With that said, its not perfect yet. But they are headed in that direction. Great job guys! I love this software!
Great replacement for Adobe on a low budget
Running a nonprofit requires watching every penny. After the trial, during which we designed our logo, we waited to purchase until we needed it again. The price dropped! So pleased and plan to recommend Affinity to every company, student, and individual on a shoestring budget. The interface didn’t take long to get used to since it’s very intuitive. Would love to be able to assign keystrokes, especially for grouping/ungrouping objects. But I can’t complain for the price. The program does almost everything I need to design and illustrate. The only thing I found so far that I couldn’t do is simplify vector points, like you can on Inkscape. Unlike other users, I haven’t found many bugs. I’ve used Designer on Sierra and on Mountain Lion. Also don’t have Adobe installed.
Great professional alternative to annoying illustrator subscription
Many UI designers, like me, do most of our work in apps other than illustrator (like Sketch, which has terrible .AI support). However, we need access to illustrator files occasionally and this app does that very well while also providing a nice set of tools not encumbered by the legacy interface problems of illustrator. Having to pay adobe 20$ a month just to open .ai files is nuts. This app is a godsend with a reasonable price, and after getting it just to open .AI files I’ve realized what a great tool it is. It’s a balance between illustrator and sketch that I am really enjoying now and using far more than I expected.
Requests to devs:
- PLEASE get a better app icon! That one makes your product look cheap and made me and others skeptical at first. Not joking! Flatten it out, kill the gradients or something to make it feel modern.
- Arrows at the end of lines is really important for a professional users needing to work fast
- Truly a great product, please don’t suddenly switch to a subscription model like everyone else is doing
- Cross platform licenses would be really helpful for people like me that use mac and PC
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Mar 22, 2017
- Version: 1.5.5
- Size: 259 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- © 2017 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor