By Serif Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Affinity Photo for iPad supports iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPad (early 2017). Please note that older iPads are not supported. **
Affinity Photo is the first fully featured, truly professional photo editing tool for iPad - built from exactly the same back-end as our award-winning desktop version and fully optimised to harness the power of iPad’s hardware and touch capabilities.
Photo for iPad offers an incredibly fast, powerful and immersive experience whether you are at home, in the studio, or on the move. With meticulous attention to detail each tool, panel and control has been completely reimagined for touch. All rendering, adjustments, brushes and filters have been fully hardware accelerated using Metal. The result is an all-new way to interact with your images, with performance you will find hard to believe.
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Resize layers without any loss of quality. Lock, hide, duplicate and merge layers easily
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
• Task-focused workspaces for developing, post-processing, tone mapping and liquify
Professional image processing
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
• Recover detail thought to be lost by editing in an unbounded linear color space
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette and best-in-class noise reduction
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
• 360° image support including full projected image editing
• Panorama stitching including full perspective corrections and lighting adjustments
• Full support for image channels
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
Quality retouching and correction tools
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Apply high quality single-plane and dual-plane perspective correction as well as fully customisable mesh warps - all in real time
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Extensive collection of brush tools including Paint, Mixer, Pixel, Color Replacement, Blur, Smudge, Sharpen and Undo brushes
Engineered for Professionals
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• RGB, CMYK, HDR, Greyscale and LAB colour spaces
• End-to-end CMYK workflow with ICC colour management and OCIO support
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR, PSD and PDF
• Cross-platform compatibility with iOS, macOS and Windows® with 100% file compatibility
Optimised for iPad
• Metal accelerated to achieve blazing-fast performance, even when editing large images
• Sensitive to pressure, tilt and angle, Affinity Photo harnesses the full power and precision of Apple Pencil
• Full iCloud drive integration allows for seamless file management, storage and sharing
What's New in Version 1.6.3
- Native resolution support for 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- Portrait mode implementation
- New chooser for Photos - supports multi selection, indicates RAW
- Improve performance with complicated documents
- Improved brush performance
- Canvas rotation will snap to 90 degree increments if within 5 degrees
- Improved RAW metadata support and reliability
- Further HDR stability improvements
- Improved pencil / gestures support
- Undo / redo buttons available in full-screen mode
- Support pasting of images from other applications
- Ability to duplicate open documents from the home screen
- Panoramas can now be created from RAW files
- HDR Merge can now be performed on RAW files
- Panorama stability improvements
- Can now choose font face - not just family
- Inpainting improvements and stability fixes
- Improved iCloud folder support
- Improved performance in documents with lots of masks / adjustments
- Ability to turn off spelling red underlines
- Pixel tool improvements - erase and other alternate modes
- Preference option to limit touch to gestures
- Improved layers studio - you can now see / select unto 2 masks / adjustments without expanding a layer
- More tutorials!
- Localisation improvements
- Numerous other improvements and fixes
Great photo editing app...limited local photo access
I love working within Affinity Photo; it makes me want to edit photos with my iPad Pro...the wide range of capabilities support using the iPad as a photographer's sole travel device. The app is feature rich, has solid touch controls and has about everything you would want in a photo editing app. Additionally it works well when importing directly from Google Drive or Dropbox.
My only gripe after a few weeks of testing is the limited integration with the built in photos app for import or sharing. It can access the camera roll but any photos synced to the iPad via iTunes cannot be seen without making a duplicate into the camera roll. I don't use iCloud storage and not being able to see iTunes-synced photos is very limiting to anyone with a primarily offline workflow. Not sure if this limitation is an oversight or something programmed in preparation for iOS 11's new file manager features.
Additionally, there should be a way to import photos into the iOS photos app via share function. Many photographers will be using the lightning to SD card dongle to import files into their device which imports files into the photos app. I hope the share feature or even direct import from sd card (if possible) will appear in future updates.
Overall, Affinity Photo is well worth the cost and is perfect for travel photo work. I'd highly recommend it for any photographers looking for a fairly complete photo processing tool on the iPad.
I want to give everyone at the Affinity team hugs for this amazing piece of software we've all deserved for years now. I'll even throw in kisses to any employee who requests it! As an iOS customer, this is the phtotoshop equivalent we've been dreaming of - and the 120fps on the new ipads make the reality of all this even harder to believe. BIG PROPS to this team and Serif.
Edit update 7/9: Good stuff - but one (big) glitch for me: Importing from Photos has a great new interface, but the 'moments' option is gone - only options are camera-roll/favorites/screenshots/recents... no way to get to my synced photos from albums/computer.. just those taken on my iPad. No bueno! I was almost exclusively working with affinity photo using my synced photos - now they're not available! Please re-add 'moments' or even an 'albums' option.
Otherwise I LOVE YOU
King of them all
This is the one you've been waiting for. I was lost when photoshop touch lost support. There have been plenty of other apps out there that filled different voids here and there, but they were all in pieces. This app blows them all out of the water and makes the old photoshop look like a toy. I'm not insanely keen on the UI approach in some areas, but I'm coming around to it. I feel like there are maybe too many clicks between menus to get other menus to appear, but then again, I guess you have to make some concessions when you're cramming a full blown production level photo editor into an iPad. I'm blown away by it, learning curve and all. Kudos guys. Just bravo.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 05, 2017
- Version: 1.6.3
- Size: 1.34 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- © 2017 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, and 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular.