By Serif Labs
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
** Affinity Photo for iPad supports iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPad (early 2017). Please note that older iPads are not supported. **
Affinity Photo is the first fully featured, truly professional photo editing tool for iPad - built from exactly the same back-end as our award-winning desktop version and fully optimised to harness the power of iPad’s hardware and touch capabilities.
Photo for iPad offers an incredibly fast, powerful and immersive experience whether you are at home, in the studio, or on the move. With meticulous attention to detail each tool, panel and control has been completely reimagined for touch. All rendering, adjustments, brushes and filters have been fully hardware accelerated using Metal. The result is an all-new way to interact with your images, with performance you will find hard to believe.
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Resize layers without any loss of quality. Lock, hide, duplicate and merge layers easily
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
• Task-focused workspaces for developing, post-processing, tone mapping and liquify
Professional image processing
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
• Recover detail thought to be lost by editing in an unbounded linear color space
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette and best-in-class noise reduction
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
• 360° image support including full projected image editing
• Panorama stitching including full perspective corrections and lighting adjustments
• Full support for image channels
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
Quality retouching and correction tools
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Apply high quality single-plane and dual-plane perspective correction as well as fully customisable mesh warps - all in real time
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Extensive collection of brush tools including Paint, Mixer, Pixel, Color Replacement, Blur, Smudge, Sharpen and Undo brushes
Engineered for Professionals
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• RGB, CMYK, HDR, Greyscale and LAB colour spaces
• End-to-end CMYK workflow with ICC colour management and OCIO support
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR, PSD and PDF
• Cross-platform compatibility with iOS, macOS and Windows® with 100% file compatibility
Optimised for iPad
• Metal accelerated to achieve blazing-fast performance, even when editing large images
• Sensitive to pressure, tilt and angle, Affinity Photo harnesses the full power and precision of Apple Pencil
• Full iCloud drive integration allows for seamless file management, storage and sharing
What's New in Version 1.6.5
• New iOS 11 Drag and Drop support.
• New iOS 11 Files support.
• New Stack now supports RAW files.
• New HDR, Focus Merge, Stack, Panorama now support dropping of source images in iOS11.
• iOS 11 will now generate thumbnails and previews for Affinity documents.
• Popups can now be dismissed by interacting with the canvas (painting, for example). A single tap still dismisses.
• New “Rotate” menu items when developing RAW.
• New “Lock Children” switch in the Transform Studio (so you can move a layer but not the mask, etc.)
• Guides are now visible when using the crop tool.
• HSL adjustment now contributes per-channel adjustments to exported LUT.
• PDF import improvements.
• Localisation improvements.
• Numerous other small fixes and improvements.
Full-featured “Photoshop for iPad”, rock solid on iOS 11.1.2 and iPad Pro 10.5
Affinity Photo for iOS really is exactly what Serif claims it to be: a fully functional Photoshop for the iPad. On my iPad Pro 10.5 it is smooth and solid with no significant bugs and close to zero crashes. While there are some specific features of desktop Photoshop I’m wishing for, some of them may be present but still hiding from me in the complexity of a still unfamiliar user interface. This program, at $20, is an astonishing bargain. It opens raw files, Photoshop layered files, and layered files from the desktop Affinity Photo program. Fetching a file from Lightroom Mobile (or Lightroom desktop) is easy; just export to iCloud (or Dropbox) and then open from the “Cloud” source within the Affinity app on the iPad. All the necessary tools required for a layered, non-destructive workflow are nicely implemented. By the way, the 32 tutorial videos built into the app (scroll down on the “Open Files” splash screen) are quite good. I had no idea they were included when I bought the app. The new user can speed ahead through the learning curve simply viewing these tutorials in sequence. Practical pro-level high-resolution image editing and retouching have arrived on the iPad Pro (finally) with Affinity Photo and iOS 11.
Great marketing, subpar product
I’ve tried countless times to love this app. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to cram all of the purported functionality into this form factor but these guys claim to have done it. For what it’s worth, they’ve probably come closer than anyone else (lord knows Adobe couldn’t pull it off).
Global adjustments work fine but anything requiring selections is an exercise in futility. Taking 15-20 minutes to get a mask just right only to zoom out and see it’s gone is frustrating. Sometimes you can hit the correct zoom level and it’ll show back up, most of the times not. If you do get a decent selection and launch the refine brush it’ll freeze the app and crash.
Most of the bugs I’ve run across are listed in the forums with a “we can’t reproduce the issue” comment.
All that is not to say that the developers aren’t responsive, but right now this app is no more useful than Snapseed and much more frustrating because of the options that you see listed. If this ever gets to 70-80% functional it’ll be outstanding. Right now it can’t be considered a part of a serious workflow.
I just got this and I am BLOWN AWAY! I have been using a photo editor for years on my iPad but the vendor will not be moving forward with upkeep. I was sad. I wanted a workhorse photo editor, not a gimmicky amateur one.
It is really true.. this app is a serious photo editor worthy of its desktop companion and other desktop comptetitors (the Affinity desktop has been taking the photo editing world by storm as I understand it).
They go deep into the features and hav emany settings for each of them. Serif Labs has done a great job in giving us a true image finishing app. They even have fade!
There are a lot of supporting/learning videos online, even many for iPad specifically. I REALLY appreciate this. But also, I’ve been using an online learning tool for the desktop version and have been able to apply almost all of it to the iPad version. This really is a full featured app!
There's a lot of material in the help area, and so far I've found all that I was searching for. I have a long way to go before I test it all, but if it does what all the buttons and settings say, it will be quite a while before I've gone through it all.
It's going to be so much fun!
Even if it wasn't on sale, it would be a fabulous value at full price.
So far I have hit no bugs, and I use it quite alot.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Sep 21, 2017
- Version: 1.6.5
- Size: 994 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- © 2017 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, and 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular.