By Serif Labs
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
** Apple Mac App of The Year 2015 **
Affinity Photo redefines the boundaries for professional photo editing software on the Mac. With a meticulous focus on workflow it offers sophisticated tools for enhancing, editing and retouching your images in an incredibly intuitive interface with all the power and performance you need.
Engineered for Professionals
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• RGB, CMYK, Greyscale and LAB color spaces
• End-to-end CMYK workflow with ICC color management
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR and PDF
• Panning and zooming is always live at 60fps with live previews, live tools and real-time editing
• Open and edit massive images without compromising performance or running out of memory
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Resize layers without any loss of quality. Lock, hide, duplicate and merge layers easily
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
• Task-focused workspaces for developing, post-processing, liquify and export
• Work in windowed, full screen, or separated modes with fully customisable toolbars and drag and drop panels
• Comprehensive vector drawing and text editing tools
• Advanced snapping system with pixel perfect alignment when required
• Export @1x, @2x, @3x from layers, slices or whole documents – continuously as you work!
• Record and Play macros for ultimate productivity
Professional image processing
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
• Recover detail thought to be lost by editing in an unbounded linear color space
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette and best-in-class noise reduction
• Paint areas or use fully customisable gradients to mask adjustments
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as detailed EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
Quality retouching and correction tools
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Apply high quality single-plane and dual-plane perspective correction as well as fully customisable mesh warps - all in real time
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Full support for Wacom and other graphics tablets, including pressure, tilt and shortcut buttons
• Real-time preview of your nozzle – see what you are about to paint or erase before you do it
Fast, customisable effects
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
• Swipe-able split or mirrored screen always available for before and after views
• Choose to apply effects non-destructively with live effect layers, enabling you to erase away or mask effects after they have been applied
Built for Mac
• Takes full advantage of the latest macOS technologies including OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch and Core Graphics
• Full support for MacBook Pro's Touch Bar and Force Touch trackpad
• Fully optimised for 64-bit and multi-core processors
• Supports regular, retina and multi-monitor set ups – including the latest 5k iMac
What's New in Version 1.6.6
• New light user interface option
• New stroke stabiliser for all pencil and brush tools
• New "Edit In" integration with Apple Photos
• Metal 2 accelerated view optimised for macOS High Sierra
• Improved view pan/zoom performance and
• Improved performance with large documents
• New font chooser dropdown with recents, used fonts and favourites
• New Glyph browser
• Align to key items
• Text frame vertical alignment options
• Fit frame to text
• Custom brush wet edges
• Outlier stacking mode
• Improved Photoshop Plugin support
• Improved Live Filters performance
• Many PDF export improvements including vector export of multi-stop gradients
• Numerous bug fixes and other improvements
Great alternative to Photoshop.
This isn’t a subscription like photoshop so you get to keep the copy you bought. It also doesn’t cost a fortune and it doesn’t have bloatware. It doesn’t require an internet connection to use. It’s filters and features match and at times best photoshop. It’s easy to learn and they have a lot of great tools that lets you easily apply some of the complex lighting edits.
I’m very happy with this software. My photos pop and it can turn a boring photo into something special that you’ll be proud to display.
Give it a try, you will love the features and you won’t miss photoshop if you are currently an indentured servant to adobe.
Hello Affinity! Goodbye Adobe!
In the past, I’ve used Adobe photoshop to edit all of my photos, and wow was that a mistake. Affinity Photo works much better than Photoshop ever did. The best thing to me is the price. You pay one time and you get it forever. The whole app is a lot more friendly than Photoshop was, and it has an assistant tool that is pretty handy. Another great thing about Affinity Photo is that it’s pretty light on CPU and RAM usage, and won’t kill your battery power (if you’re on a MacBook). I recommend everyone that is thinking about getting this app to try their free trial first. I was a little unsure at first, but the free trial made me fall in love.
Ok. So I opened it and it didn’t crash and that’s a good thing (obvio). Next, I’m here because other competing solutions don’t fit my life well. Unless you subscribe to Adobe, other solutions all fall short here or there or everywhere. As such, I’m giving Affinity Photo a solid workout in the next few weeks. The work out will lead to either a 5 star review or a refund. I’m hoping for the 5 star review. Looks promising. ////// EDIT ////// So it’s been a couple of week and I’m quite pleased with Affinity Photo. I am not an expert designer but part of my job requires me to manipulate images and this does the jobs I need.
- Category: Photography
- Updated: Nov 02, 2017
- Version: 1.6.6
- Size: 345 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- © 2017 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor