** Apple Mac App of The Year Winnner **
Affinity Photo redefines the boundaries for professional photo editing software on the Mac. With a meticulous focus on workflow it offers sophisticated tools for enhancing, editing and retouching your images in an incredibly intuitive interface with all the power and performance you need.
Engineered for Professionals
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• RGB, CMYK, Greyscale and LAB color spaces
• End-to-end CMYK workflow with ICC color management
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR and PDF
• Panning and zooming is always live at 60fps with live previews, live tools and real-time editing
• Open and edit massive images without compromising performance or running out of memory
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Resize layers without any loss of quality. Lock, hide, duplicate and merge layers easily
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
• Task-focused workspaces for developing, post-processing, liquify and export
• Work in windowed, full screen, or separated modes with fully customisable toolbars and drag and drop panels
• Comprehensive vector drawing and text editing tools
• Advanced snapping system with pixel perfect alignment when required
• Export @1x, @2x, @3x from layers, slices or whole documents – continuously as you work!
• Record and Play macros for ultimate productivity
Professional image processing
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
• Recover detail thought to be lost by editing in an unbounded linear color space
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette and best-in-class noise reduction
• Paint areas or use fully customisable gradients to mask adjustments
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as detailed EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
Quality retouching and correction tools
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Apply high quality single-plane and dual-plane perspective correction as well as fully customisable mesh warps - all in real time
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Full support for Wacom and other graphics tablets, including pressure, tilt and shortcut buttons
• Real-time preview of your nozzle – see what you are about to paint or erase before you do it
Fast, customisable effects
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
• Swipe-able split or mirrored screen always available for before and after views
• Choose to apply effects non-destructively with live effect layers, enabling you to erase away or mask effects after they have been applied
Built for Mac
• Takes full advantage of the latest macOS technologies including OpenGL, Grand Central Dispatch and Core Graphics
• Full support for MacBook Pro's Touch Bar and Force Touch trackpad
• Fully optimised for 64-bit and multi-core processors
• Supports regular, retina and multi-monitor set ups – including the latest 5k iMac
- All new shadows / highlights algorithm for Develop.
- Develop clarity improvements.
- Improved input smoothing for all tools.
- Improved Perlin Noise filter.
- Transparent TGA import support.
- Many improvements to batch processing.
- PSD, PDF import / export improvements.
- Significant Photoshop plugin support improvements.
- Fixed inability to export transparent PNG, TIFF, etc.
- Fixed slow Lens Blur, Depth of Field blur issues.
- Fixed Depth of Field blur progress / slowness issues.
- Fixed sporadic hanging when opening many image files at once.
- Restored ability of marquee tools to snap.
- Fixed crashing bug when exporting certain large PSDs.
- Fixed a number of UI memory leaks.
- Added special case PSD import code for “SketchClub” PSD files (they should fix this!).
- Fixed UI labels on macOS versions prior to Mavericks.
- Numerous other fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I'm an amateur hoping to improve my photo and print editing skills. Retired, my wife and I travel a lot, so most of my photos are travel-related, landscapes, buildings, shorelines, sunsets, etc. In the month or so that I have intensively used this app I find that it is logically structured and intuitive in how the UI works. It’s pretty stable; I have to do something really unnatural to crash it like inadvertently trying to print a 200mb file in a 5x7 format…sigh. It nicely supports my attempts at establishing a consistent workflow. I can easily experiment with alternatives. I struggled trying to understand LR and finally gave up with the new licensing. What I like: 1) the desktop is well organized, logical. Context-appropriate windows work well. 2) adjustment tools are intuitive, easy to apply and back off. 3) nice layer management. 4) fantastic built in help function. it’s an operator’s manual, very complete, virtually a course in itself. 5) The app seems to support almost any image storage organization I choose. Nice.
Haven’t played around with the macros or special effects as yet. Just starting to shoot raw, so can't say anything about is raw format processing. Stay tuned
I used to love Photoshop until they started forcing me to buy sofware in a suite (I only wanted Photoshop, not a bunch of other software that cluttered up my computer). And then they switched to a subscription model. I did the math and it would have been more expensive to get the subscription than a one-time license. AND the software had barely changed over the 10 years that I’ve used it. When I moved to a new computer and realized that Adobe had removed my ability to download my old Photoshop licenses from thier site, I tossed in the towel and decided not to be forced into a subscription model that scavenges my bank account every month (20 a month!). So, I started looking around and found Affinity Photo. The price was fantastic and best of all, no subscription! And I did the math… even if they did provide a subscription, it would be a heck of a lot cheaper than PhotoShop. As for Affinity Photo itself, it feels so much like Photoshop and actually, I think it feels a bit more professional and less clunky. Thank you Affinity Photo folks for taking on the big boys who want to force us to ingest bloatware at a ridiculous price.
First there's a need, then comes a tool to meet the need, then the search for new ways to use the tool. That’s been my experience with Affinity Photo. I’ve been using Affinity Photo for about three years and like so many people who have reviewed this, I could not afford expensive subscription software and was glad I had found a very good solution. An unforeseen benefit of “switching” to Affinity has been the increased quality of my work. I think that having to look at my work through what amounts to a different windshield has prodded me to look for new solutions to perceived problems, learning to apply them now simply as part of the process, and - more important - imagining completed photos differently because of what I have learned. I don’t have what could be called a workflow, but I do have a way I like to work, and Affinity is a key part of the toolbox. C1 is often my first tool of choice, but everything out of C1 has to go through Affinity before being released for printing. If a picture didn’t start with Affinity, it absolutely must finish with it.
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 349.2 MB
- OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Serif (Europe) Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.