Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The AFib Educator was developed to help healthcare providers explain atrial fibrillation (AFib) to patients, their families and caregivers.
This app provides healthcare professionals with an interactive resource to help illustrate how AFib can affect the heart; visually demonstrate the symptoms, risks and management strategies of AFib; and where patients can learn more.
• Detailed animated, color diagrams of the heart under normal rhythm and during AFib
• Fluoroscopy (x-ray) images of the heart in and out of rhythm, featuring the heart's electrical impulse
• EKG readings with normal heart rate and with AFib
• AFib management animations: demonstrates the effects of different management strategies for a heart in AFib, including:
- Rate control
- Rhythm control
• AFib risk animations:
- Stroke risk animation: shows an AFib-related stroke to illustrate that a blood clot can travel from the heart to the brain as a result of AFib
- Remodeling process animation: depicts the remodeling process, which is a result of untreated AFib that affects the shape and size of the heart
• Facts about the signs, symptoms, prevalence and risks of AFib can be shared through the "E-mail a Friend" feature.
What's New in Version 3.0
The recently enhanced AFib Educator 3.0 builds on the elements of the previous generation AFib Educator while incorporating the most recent information on AFib types, estimated numbers of patients worldwide and risk factors. The AF Stat initiative has been removed as it is no longer active. The app’s design has been refreshed for a cleaner, more modern look and the app continues to provide a dynamic, interactive resource for healthcare providers when educating and explaining the complexities of AFib to their patients. The app visually demonstrates the importance of the management strategies defined in the AHA/ACC/HRS and ESC AFib clinical treatment guidelines: rate control, rhythm control, and stroke prevention.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Jan 22, 2015
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 21.2 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: sanofi-aventis groupe
- © 2014 Sanofi
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.