*** RATED #1 FOR WINE EDUCATION BY FOOD & WINE MAGAZINE!
*** The only mobile app dedicated exclusively to learning about wine, Approach Guides is used by professionals and consumers alike.
*** It’s not about wine ratings. You can get 100-point-scale wine ratings from many other sources. Rather, to give you information that will make you knowledgeable and able to communicate what makes wines unique, Approach Guides provides an in depth look at a wine region's grapes, appellations, and vintages.
WHAT THE WINE PRESS HAS TO SAY
• Food & Wine Magazine: “Only God (and Google) knows how many wine apps exist...Some are great, some not so much. But these seven are crucial." Approach Guides is the best for "Wine Lessons.”
• Decanter Magazine: "Dozens of apps offer background details on regions, varieties, and food pairings, but some are more accurate and usable than others. Approach Guides is the most complete and user-friendly. You can search by style, region, grape or food match, and entries are cross-referenced. It also supplies a guide to vintages for each region and plentiful maps..."
SUPPORTED WINE-PRODUCING REGIONS
The app supports — profiling all regions, appellations and grape varieties — Argentina, Australia, Chile, France, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Portugal, Spain and USA (Sonoma, Napa, Washington State and Willamette Valley). We expect to add support for South Africa in 2017.
Development by Amudo LLC
TRANSFORM YOUR WINE EXPERIENCE. PURCHASE THE APPROACH GUIDES WINE APP TODAY.
** Welcome to the NEW Approach Guides wine app! **
It's all about wine education! In addition to an entirely new interface, new features and the ability to save your favorite wines, we have also added the wines of Germany!
Need help? Have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
Now I'M the wine "Smarty Pants"!
Here’s a wine app that actually helped me become more knowledgeable about wine! I was so tired of getting locked into the names of certain wine producers when I went to the liquor store or a restaurant. It was either buying the same old stuff, or I was asking myself “what the heck is that”? This wine app actually helps you sort it all out without relying on the labels on the bottle! Yeah!!! I’m now beginning to understand the names of wine regions, and the names of different grapes I like. It’s very freeing!! I love it!
App doesn’t live up to its reputation as a top 10 app
You know you have a problem when you spend hours trying to convince yourself that the app you just paid for provides you with benefits of being a top 10 app for wine lovers! It may help wine enthusiasts with geography, but don’t expect much help with this app serving as a reference for wines to appreciate or explore!
Screwed up a great app
I loved the old app. Its only problem is that it ignored Paso Robles. (For me, it is a serious problem.)
I tried the beta. It was OK. Then they said I had to try the new app for IPad for $2.99. It never let me sign in because I couldn't move from one field to the next.
From little I've seen, the new format is much less intuitive than the old one. Right now I'd be OK with old app, but I have now lost it. I am considering fightiting the the credit card charge. consideri
- Approach Guides LLC
- 26.5 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017 Approach Guides LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.