By Laurie Abkemeier
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
AGENT OBVIOUS offers pithy advice for authors, agents, and editors in book publishing. Based on the original “Agent Obvious Tip of the Day” as featured on literary agent Laurie Abkemeier’s Twitter feed, this app offers hundreds of insightful tips for anyone in publishing and for those who aspire to be.
Laurie Abkemeier spent six years as an editor and has worked as a literary agent since 2003, so users will quickly discover that AGENT OBVIOUS reveals the simple truths, and a few top secrets, from both sides of the publishing fence.
* More than 500 tips from literary agent Laurie Abkemeier, with more added every week
* A customized user experience with one-touch access to tips written specifically for authors, agents, or editors
* Quick access to tips in the most popular publishing topics: queries, proposals, manuscripts, submissions, rejections, auctions, acquisitions, editing, covers, design, author photo, production, publication, promotion, sales
* Tips for contract negotiations, including electronic rights, dramatic rights, and foreign rights
* Additional words of wisdom about publishing etiquette, reality checks, and inspiration for a beleaguered industry
* Fully searchable database
* The ability to mark favorite tips for easy reference
* One-touch option for sharing individual tips on Twitter or by email
Laurie Abkemeier began as an editorial assistant in the Touchstone/Fireside division at Simon & Schuster in 1992. In 1994, she moved to Hyperion where she developed a broad list of nonfiction and was responsible for many national bestsellers. In 2003, Laurie became a literary agent, exclusively representing nonfiction. Her talented roster of authors includes journalists, bloggers, poets, academics, and artists. She is associated with DeFiore and Company in New York, New York.
Agent Obvious Website
What's New in Version 1.3
Maintenance update, new look!