The AGU Events app is your resource to navigate the meetings and events managed by the American Geophysical Union (AGU). Download individual meeting programs in the app as they become available.
Launch individual events to have access to:
• Create your meeting schedule or log-in to synchronize your existing schedule from the online program.
• Browse or search the entire program to build your schedule, bookmark sessions or speakers, and take notes.
• Interact with fellow attendees via attendee-to-attendee messaging.
• Browse or search exhibitors and easily find their location in the exhibit hall.
• Stay up-to-date with the latest conference news and social media updates.
Available offline: Once the event is downloaded, a wifi connection is not required to access the conference program, schedule, or animated maps.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
We’ve made enhancements to improve your experience:
• The new status bar is like having your own personal app support specialist! Know instantly when new app content is available or if the WiFi signal is too weak onsite to keep you up to date.
• Get tips and tricks with overlays showing you what the icons in the app do.
• You may see more filters to help you find the needle in the haystack quicker.
Ratings and Reviews
Not bad at all
This app is certainly an improvement over past years. I like the map feature, the reminders, ability to add your own entries etc. it maybe because I don't know the convention center as well as I do old old, beloved place. But using the app on the first day, I am impressed. I did not miss even one session/talk that I wanted to attend.
Having said that, I have two concrete suggestions:
1. It is a HUGE app. Must we include the abstracts? I would have appreciated an option to get a lighter, session and talk listing-only app, and another with full abstracts.
2. Can it import outlook calendar entries in the app? That would be cool... then it becomes one stop shop.
Two thumbs up from me..
As bad as every year
People want to plan and make a schedule, not read all the abstracts - have you ever bothered to ask your users what they want?
Perhaps the most informative piece of information about a presentation is the name of the presenter - but it's not visible when viewing the session listing!
Needs 2 GB of space for fall meeting?
I am trying to download the 2017 Fall meeting but it apparently requires a whopping 2 GB of space! I doubt most people have that much available on their smart phone... seems pretty unrealistic. So I can't use the app which is disappointing.
Thank you for your feedback. The AGU Fall Meeting is packed with more than 22,000 full text abstracts, over 25,000 sessions and presentations, as well as 50,000+ authors. We are sorry to hear that you do not have enough space for the native app. In this case, please use the web version of the app at http://ativ.me/dlu.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.