By MOBILE APP INNOVATIONS, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The AI Cowculator is a decision aid application to assist beef industry personnel and beef cattle producers the opportunity to determine whether it would be worthwhile to utilize artificial insemination or purchase and utilize a natural service sire to manage reproduction in their operations. The AI Cowculator uses actual producer inputs and predicted cattle values to generate a partial budget to determine the gain or loss per cow if artificial insemination were to replace natural service.
Estrous synchronization and fixed-timed artificial insemination protocols have been developed that may enhance the economic viability and productivity of beef cattle operations. Possible outcomes from the combined use of these protocols include: shortened calving season, increased calf uniformity,
earlier births during the calving season, enhanced preweaning growth, and heavier calves at weaning. However, additional costs may also be associated with these protocols such as labor, time, and facilities. In addition, to providing producers an opportunity to identify whether they should or should incorporate artificial insemination in their herds, the AI Cowculator also contains a locator to determine where products may be purchased and technicians who can provide the service, along with additional resources and a link to the AI Cowculator social media.
This app was developed by G. Cliff Lamb, Professor at the University of Florida, and Rickey Helsel with support from the University of Florida, Zoetis Animal Health, and App Innovators.
- Determines the economic feasibility of artificially inseminating your cattle based on a number of inputs.
- Email the results of your Cowculations with the click of a button.
- Allows you to easily locate nearby estrus synchronization product suppliers.
- Delivers quick access to educational resources and outlets.
- Direct access to social media outlets, where topical conversations regarding estrus synchronization are held.
- Displays a YouTube feed for the AI Cowculator, where helpful tips for estrus synchronization are posted.
An excellent way to calculate the profitability of estrous synchronization for your herd.
- Category: Reference
- Released: Jun 13, 2013
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 18.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: MOBILE APP INNOVATIONS, LLC
- © 2013 Rickey Helsel
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.