With definitions for more than 700 HIV/AIDS-related terms, the free AIDSinfo Glossary app offers easy access to the vocabulary of HIV/AIDS. Terms and definitions are written in plain language in English and Spanish, making this app useful for anyone interested in HIV. To aid understanding, many terms include images and links to related terms.
Additional features of the app include:
• Ability to filter by images
• Favorites button to make it easy to find favored terms
• Toggle button to switch between English and Spanish
• Audio feature to hear terms pronounced correctly in English and Spanish
• Random button to discover unfamiliar terms
• Share buttons to share favorite terms on Facebook and Twitter or via e-mail or text
AIDSinfo, a service of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), offers health care professionals and consumers access to the latest HIV-related information, including federally approved HIV/AIDS medical practice guidelines and information on HIV treatment and prevention clinical trials, and HIV-related drugs. AIDSinfo is collectively sponsored by the Office of AIDS Research (OAR), the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), and the National Library of Medicine (NLM)—three entities within the National Institutes of Health (NIH); the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA); and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Bug Fixes
- New Splash Screen
Ratings and Reviews
Great HIV Glossary app
This is a great app for any one that is unsure any HIV concept. Even has images for better understanding.
Ever since I got the update I can not be open the app.
I am a HIV/AIDS Supv. I actually downloaded it on my iPad. It's info at a glance. Its just awesome. Every term you can think of broken down into further detail. It's just great. If you work in the field with clients and have Internet connection, it's very helpful. Great for anybody working with thisopulation.
- National Library of Medicine
- 47.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2010 National Library of Medicine
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.