AIDSinfo HIV/AIDS Glossary
By National Library of Medicine
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The AIDSinfo HIV/AIDS Glossary app provides mobile access to definitions for more than 700 HIV/AIDS-related terms. The definitions are written in concise, easy-to-understand language in both English and Spanish. The app offers people living with HIV/AIDS, as well as health care providers and students, an on-the-go guide to the complex terminology of HIV/AIDS.
The glossary app includes the following features:
• Toggle button to switch between English and Spanish terms and definitions
• Audio feature to hear correct pronunciation of terms in English and Spanish
• "Random" button that signals the app to display a randomly selected term and definition
AIDSinfo, a service of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), offers health care providers and consumers access to the latest, federally approved HIV/AIDS medical practice guidelines, HIV treatment and prevention clinical trials, and other HIV-related research information. AIDSinfo is collectively sponsored by the Office of AIDS Research (OAR), the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), and the National Library of Medicine (NLM)—three entities within the National Institutes of Health (NIH); the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA); and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
What's New in Version 2.1.2
- Content updates to an updated definition for the word condom
- Minor bug fixes
- Category: Medical
- Updated: May 17, 2013
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 5.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Library of Medicine
- © 2010 National Library of Medicine
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.